Emotiv scenarios

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
AntonioTrotta

Emotiv scenarios

Post by AntonioTrotta »

Hi everybody,

I am very new to OpenVibe and to EEG in genaral. I am looking into it because of a University Project. I am using for this the Emotiv Epoc headset which I find it incredibly interesting and, for someone like me, incredibly difficult to use.

I guess that the main questions i have with regards to OpenVibe are the following:
- I have the Research Edition SDK: do I need Visual Studio to compile anything?
- I have seen the tutorials, FAQ and other post in this forum, but I cam't find a way to Live stream the signal coming from the headset. Is there any additional pointer you could suggest?
- Output: Is there anyway for me to open an existing EDF file and output it in some sort of CSV file through OpenVibe?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Antonio

jlegeny

Re: Emotiv scenarios

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Antonio,

welcome to the forums.

- You can use the research edition of EPOC headset directly with the OpenViBE installed through the Windows installer, there is no need to compile anything.
- What exactly do you mean by live stream? The very basic OpenViBE setup is explained in this tutorial : http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-the-m ... ibe-setup/
- OpenViBE can not read EDF files (yet, it would be a nice contribution though) There is a box capable of writing them. There might be other software capable of converting the EDF files to another format.

Enjoy using OpenViBE
Jozef

AntonioTrotta

Post by AntonioTrotta »

Merci beacoup Jozef (supposing you too are based in France),

Thank you very much about your reply. I will go and read that page about the acquisition settings.

What i meant with my last question was perhaps that might be linked to the acquisition. Is it possible acquire/record data coming straight from the Epoc headset and output it in some sort of alternative data format (CSV for instance)?

Thanks again for your help.

Antonio

AntonioTrotta

Post by AntonioTrotta »

AntonioTrotta wrote:Merci beacoup Jozef (supposing you too are based in France),

Thank you very much about your reply. I will go and read that page about the acquisition settings.

What i meant with my last question was perhaps that might be linked to the acquisition. Is it possible acquire/record data coming straight from the Epoc headset and output it in some sort of alternative data format (CSV for instance)?

Thanks again for your help.

Antonio
Forget my question...I have got it working. I have managed to get a CSV file with the channels, the readings and timestamps as I was trying to do. I feel so happy about it!

Now I need to understand what those value means!! How can i obtain Hz out of the values recorded? Do you have any pointer you could advise about how I should interpret this data?

I am attaching a copy of the csv file I have just produced.

I love this software!
Attachments
test.csv
(23.43 KiB) Downloaded 255 times