EEG acquisition using modular EEG

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Lorena

EEG acquisition using modular EEG

Post by Lorena »

Hello, I am constructing the modular EEG and I would like to know how should I acquire the signal once the circuit is finished. I know I should use the acquisition server box, are the drivers for the modular EEG already installed with the version of openvibe I downloaded or should I install them separately?

Also, how are the samples of each channel acquired? The thing is that I had to replace some components that appeared on the schematics in the website, so I need to know how should I send the signal from each channel.

I apologize if I am asking too basic questions, but I am just starting in this field and I am kind of lost in some issues.

Thanks for any help!

Lorena

Lorena

Re: EEG acquisition using modular EEG

Post by Lorena »

I have other consult regarding the acqisition server: I want to try testing the acquisition server using the generic oscilator, but I can't find the acquisition server box among the options. Is it possible that it isn't available in the OpenVibe version I downloaded? (I am using the last release 0.14.2)

Thank you,

Lorena

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Lorena,
the drivers for the modular EEG already installed with the version of openvibe I downloaded or should I install them separately?
A driver for the OpenEEG/Modular EEG already exists in openvibe. It is an early contribution, I hope it will wokr with newer versions of openEEG device.
In case it doesn't, I guess you would have to modify the driver code.
The source code of the driver is located in openvibe-applications/acquisition-server/trun/src/openeeg-modulareeg.
I want to try testing the acquisition server using the generic oscilator, but I can't find the acquisition server box among the options.
The acquisition server is not a box, it's a dedicated application. Please read this documentation page for further information.
You have to use an acquisition client box to connect your scenario to the server.

hope this helps!

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Dear Laurent,

Thank you, I found the driver for the modular EEG.
The acquisition server is not a box, it's a dedicated application. Please read this documentation page for further information.
You have to use an acquisition client box to connect your scenario to the server.
I have read that document, but still I don´t understand how to use the oscillator to simulate a signal acquisition (That's the intention when using the oscillator, is that correct?). I will continue testing top see if I understand better anyway.

Thank you very much for your help!

Lorena

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Lorena,

I have made a tutorial on a very basic OpenViBE setup. Please tell us if you have any more questions after reading it.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-the-m ... ibe-setup/

Cheers
Jozef

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Dear Jozef,

Thank you, your tutorial was really helpful, now I understand better how this works!

Lorena