Choosing channel names using the "Brain Products BrainAmp Series" driver

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
valedeseta

Choosing channel names using the "Brain Products BrainAmp Series" driver

Post by valedeseta »

Good morning,
I am using OpenVibe v3.1.0. and I would like to use a standard BrainAmp amplifier to record my data.
I want to select only some of the 32 channels, corresponding to my channels of interest.
In the Properties of the driver, it is possible to choose which channels to acquire only by their number but not by their name (it does not say which name each number corresponds to).
I also read this page from the OV documentation (http://openvibe.inria.fr/channel-select ... ion-server) but it seems that it doesn't fit the Brain Products BrainAmp series driver.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thank you,
Valeria

Thomas

Re: Choosing channel names using the "Brain Products BrainAmp Series" driver

Post by Thomas »

Hi Valeria,

Indeed the driver properties of the BrainAmp series driver allow you to pick which channels you want, but not to map their names.

Therefore, in the OpenViBE designer, the Acquisition Client box will receive the channels named after their numbers.

It is still possible to rename the channels in the designer, thanks to the box Channel Rename.

However, if your issue is not renaming, but rather finding the mapping itself, then OpenViBE is not clever enough to know where each electrode is placed.
You may find such info in the amplifier documentation.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Thibaut

Re: Choosing channel names using the "Brain Products BrainAmp Series" driver

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
If you are trying to find out where is which electrode and you have no idea how to proceed. The tricky method is to create artifacts on each electrode one by one to identify them... it's ugly but if you have no idea how your electrodes are ordered...
Thibaut