Help in Building Acquisition Server for ADS1256 24 bit Waveshare module.

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Hammadmasood25

Help in Building Acquisition Server for ADS1256 24 bit Waveshare module.

Post by Hammadmasood25 »

I am working on integration of Waveshare ADS1256 High Precision AD/DA module for Rasberry Pi with OpenVibe. I have ADS1256 Driver for WiringPi which are written in C language as of openvibe. I dont have a grip on C language. So i need help. With C coding and WiringPi driver i will be able to get data of 8 channel in a variable forum which i already have done in python. But I want to stream it in the acquisition server. From skeleton Generator, I have made the driver outline. As WiringPi Driver has already build libraries for ADS1256 acquisition in C, the suitable approach which I think is that I should call combine the code and call the libraries of already build driver (WiringPi). But I'm unable to understand, the structure because mostlm openvibe drivers are made for COM ports and this is using GPIOs. So I am stuck at the very Beginning. Need Help to get started. I am attaching the link of ADS1256 driver.
https://github.com/waveshare/High-Preci ... 6/wiringpi

I want to know the direction and guidance to make it. I know ADS1256 module has all the requirements for EEG acquisition and if the driver would be made, BCI can be made possible with only 150 $ cost. So Please help me what should I do with available drivers. I'm stuck at very beginning. And also tell me which device driver on Openvibe would be suitable for me as reference (not COM Port but GPIO).

Thomas

Re: Help in Building Acquisition Server for ADS1256 24 bit Waveshare module.

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

That's a great project, and I think you have the right approach.

You should find helpful information on how to build a driver here.

You will see that there are different stages (functions) that need to be implemented in order for you driver to work. These functions are then automatically called by the acquisition server. Mainly an initialisation part (where you may init the GPIOs), and the a acquisition (loop function) part where you can receive the data and forward it to the acquisition server thanks to the callback function provided in initialisation call.

I couldn't find any GPIOs based drivers but you could look at the structure of the GenericOscillator driver for reference. Although it doesn't rely on any hardware and therefore no communication (serial, GPIO...), it is a quite simple exemple to understand the mechanics of a driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Thomas