Start/pause Signal Acquisition from MATLAB

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Moosa

Start/pause Signal Acquisition from MATLAB

Post by Moosa »

Hello Friends,

I have a hand movement task in Matlab psychotoolbox, so I want to start EEG signal acquisition from Matlab.
if fact, I am using a gtec nautilus EEG device, which is supported by openvibe acquisition server. I am new to openvibe, up until now, I could connect gtec device to openvibe server(via opnevibe server gui), and in openvibe designer, I wrote a scenario using an acquisition client box and CSV writer box to get signal from the server and write it on a file. In this case, I have to start the scenario by clicking start/pause button in the designer app, But I want to start/pause the scenario via Matlab because my task is in running in Matlab.

Thanks in advice for helping.
Moosa

Thibaut

Re: Start/pause Signal Acquisition from MATLAB

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
Sorry it's actually not possible to start/stop openvibe with matlab script. Your script matlab is running by the box in designer not the inverse.
Thibaut

Moosa

Post by Moosa »

Hi Thibaut,

Thank you so much for your swift reply. I came up with another question: is there any way to send a trigger signal to start/pause acquisition EEG signal?
based on your response, I am thinking of sending a trigger signal to OpenVibe and Matlab simultaneously to start the task and signal recording at the same time.

Sincerely,
Moosa

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
You have the Stream Switch box. You can decide on the output of your signal with stimulation. So you can designate an output that will not work and the second that will be linked to the rest of your scenario.
Thibaut