BrainAmp Acquisition server error 170 frequency of 0

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
remi

BrainAmp Acquisition server error 170 frequency of 0

Post by remi »

I have encountered an error several time while trying to connect the Acquisition server to BrainAmp MR plus amplifiers, using the Brain Products BrainAmp Series driver (OpenVibe 2.2.0, OS Windows 10).

In the command window, both amplifiers are detected, but an error is immediately generated. It reports that the driver returns a frequency of 0 hz (error 170). It is then impossible to connect to the amplifiers and to access the EEG data.

This error can be lifted by pluggin the BrainAmp USB adaptor to another usb socket and/or by rebooting the computer. Nevertheless this workaround solution is not always successful. The bug seems to happens irregularly and can't be reproduced at will. Sometimes it requires a dozen rebooting, which can be quite time consumming and tiring for the subject undergoing an EEG experiment. I've encountered this problem on several computers, all running OpenVibe 2.2.0 on windows 10.

I was wondering if someone else suffered from the same problem and how it could be fixed. Thanks for your help.

The BrainAmp amplifiers , eeg cap and hardware connections work fine as I can see the EEG signal using BrainVision Recorder.

Thibaut

Re: BrainAmp Acquisition server error 170 frequency of 0

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
Do you connect the amp with the brain software before the acquisition server? On another headset that I tested, the fact of being connected with the official driver blocked me the passage for the acquisition server.
Thibaut

remi

Post by remi »

Hi Thibaut thanks for your answer,

Yes, I've noticed that using the BrainAmp recorder software prior than OpenVibe can prevent it to access the amplifiers.
Nevertheless, the problem also happens after a computer reboot with no other software running but OpenVibe.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

I don't know if it can help you but there is a driver named Brain product amplifier (through Brainvision Recorder) maybe it can help you.
Thibaut

remi

Post by remi »

Unfortunately, I've also tried the driver "through BrainVison Recorder".
The connection with Acquisition server is successful, but the Designer crashes as soon as I try to start the scenario. This crash is reproductible.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Has this already worked easily before?
Have you tried a previous version of OpenViBE?
Your crash scenario can you test (if it is not already the case) only the acquisition client box ?
Then add a display signal if no crash.
If your amp is very recent, it may be a problem of compatibility with the new version of the amp ...
Last thing, I fix a lot of point on OV for a while. You can try to compile the sources by taking the master of each branch(http://openvibe.inria.fr/build-instructions/). Maybe, I have fixed a point that concerns you.
Thibaut

remi

Post by remi »

I started using OpenVibe since january 2019 and release 2.2.0. The described behaviour was always present.
I haven't tried a previous version of OpenVibe, I thought the 64bit would be a good choice to run along windows 10 64bit. Previous versions are only 32 bits.
I've tried using the simplest scenario consisting of the sole acquisition box, accessed with the "through BrainVison Recorder" driver. Unfortunately the scenario crashed at launch ("openvibe-acquisition-server.exe has stopped working" windows system error window).
Our Amplifiers are not new, there are 10+ years old.

Do you know when the next version of OpenVibe will be available?

Thanks.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hum, I don't know.
Try previous version of OpenViBE (if your amplifier is really old try a really old version^^)
Thibaut

For the release I work on soon. I think during october it can appear

remi

Post by remi »

Hi Thibaut,

I'll try an older version of OpenVibe.
Do you know from which version number the BrainAmp amplifiers were supported?

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
No sorry
Thibaut