Using OpenViBE with g.tec's g.USBamp in Windows

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
caee

Using OpenViBE with g.tec's g.USBamp in Windows

Post by caee »

Hi all,
I can see in the driver list for the acquisition server that the g.USBamp drivers are deprecated, but still lie as legacy software there.
Unfortunately, I happen to use the g.USBamp for a project, and I would really like to use OpenViBE here. Is there any possibility at all of doing this, preferably not having to install Linux? And if not, why is the legacy software still included with the official build of the program?

Thanks in advance!

jtlindgren

Re: Using OpenViBE with g.tec's g.USBamp in Windows

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

I'm surprised if that'd be the case. Theres several different drivers in OV for gusbamp and only the legacy one is not supported, but even that is compiled in. You'll still need the gusbamp win drivers from gtec.

Cheers,
Jussi

caee

Re: Using OpenViBE with g.tec's g.USBamp in Windows

Post by caee »

jtlindgren wrote:Hello,

I'm surprised if that'd be the case. Theres several different drivers in OV for gusbamp and only the legacy one is not supported, but even that is compiled in. You'll still need the gusbamp win drivers from gtec.

Cheers,
Jussi

Thanks for the answer! I only see two g.USBamp drivers, the legacy one and BCI-Lab version (which is only for linux) - which is also shown on the "Supported hardware" page http://openvibe.inria.fr/supported-hardware/.
I made it work by using the legacy driver, which apparently still collected my data just how I intended. The problem I had was that I had run some g.tec software which didn't close the serial connection after use. I fixed it by un- and replugging the amplifier.