Vamp driver Failed to get last opened device

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
aordlchlrh

Vamp driver Failed to get last opened device

Post by aordlchlrh »

Hi,
I can't seem to connect my amplifier to openvibe acquisition server and it's throwing me this warning. Tech support from brainproducts told me that driver with Vamp comes with the download of openvibe software but my laptop doesn't seem to be recognizing the hardware. I tried it on acquisition server 3.3.1 and 2.0.0 but I'm getting the following error: VAmp Driver: faGetCount failed to get last opened device.

Would someone please help with the issue, Thank you.

Thomas

Re: Vamp driver Failed to get last opened device

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

I don't have this amplifier to test, but you could try older versions of OpenViBE, such as 1.3.0 or 1.2.0 that you can get here.

faGetCount() is a function from the BrainProducts API that provides the connected amplifiers count, and the error message indicates that it didn't detect any.

Also, if I'm not getting it wrong, you should be able to communicate with your amplifier using the BrainVision Recorder software. If you have it, you could test whether your laptop is recognising the hardware or not.

Hope this helps a little. Let us know how you progress.

Thomas

aordlchlrh

Post by aordlchlrh »

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I tried acquisition server 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 but none worked (still the same error) and unfortunately I don't have access to BrainVision Recorder as the license expired.

I'm not sure if that's the issue but when I plug in the amplifier, the status light lights red then green but the screen doesn't switch on and it seems that there isn't any driver available to the amplifer (FirstAmp) when I check hardware manager on my laptop.

I also tried installing openvibe and connecting the amplifier to another laptop but it doesn't seem to work as well.
What would you suggest me doing next?
Thank you.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

I don't know about the lights and screen status of the amplifier.

I think the best would be to contact BrainProducts to make sure your amplifier is in working order.

Let us know when you have some news.

Thomas