Generic Raw Telnet Reader - VERY slow on Play

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
skan

Generic Raw Telnet Reader - VERY slow on Play

Post by skan »

Hi, I'm having some issues with the Generic Raw Telnet Reader, it connects to remote host / port and receives data, but VERY slowly and as soon as I hit Play button it almost locks the PC and Acquisition Server GUI becomes almost unresponsive to the point that when I hit Stop the action happens like 5-10 seconds later!

Testing the acquisition in Designer, I get the expected channels (2 of them, even if unnamed...), but they update sloooowly and the waveform seems pretty inconsistent too.

My setup goes like this:
  • 2x Neurosity Crown sending data via LSL
  • PC #1 : 2x Acquisition Server - LSL driver
  • PC #1 : Designer running my DSP scenario and sending via TCP Writer node to port 5678
  • PC #2 : Designer running a basic scenario with acquisition and Signal display only

Before you ask: yeah, everything works perfectly locally on just one PC (2x Crowns, 2x Acquisition Servers, 1x Designer sending via TCP and an external app receiving from that TCP port)

Thomas

Re: Generic Raw Telnet Reader - VERY slow on Play

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

How many channels are sent through the TCP Writer box, and how many are configured in the telnet reader driver properties ?

I noticed that if the telnet reader expects more channels that it's receiving, it creates lag.
By default, the telnet reader is configured for 16 channels.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Thomas

skan

Re: Generic Raw Telnet Reader - VERY slow on Play

Post by skan »

2 Channels out, 2 channels set in driver - same problem: slow-down until it crashes.
That was just to test the network on-the-fly, I solved otherwise in the end.
Thanks for the support anyway! :)