Acquisition server with Micromed

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
silviam

Acquisition server with Micromed

Post by silviam »

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get data from a Micromed SD LTM PLUS using the Acquisition Server (latest OpenVibe version 3.3.0) and the integrated driver. The Acquisition Server runs on a separate laptop than the one connected to the amplifier and on which is installed the Micromed recording software. The two computers communicate correctly through TCP/IP, as well as the data stream is received on the OpenVibe laptop when tested with Micromed proprietary software. The "EEG SW BCI" plugin is enabled and the registry keys are correctly set on the Micromed laptop.
Unfortunately, when I try to connect through the Acquisition server, the connection to the device fails, displaying first a warning message "Registry key not initialized", then the errors "> Timeout after 5000 milliseconds" followed by "Connection failed...".
Do you know what could be the issue? Should the Acquisition server run on the Micromed computer instead of on a separate laptop?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Silvia

Thibaut

Re: Acquisition server with Micromed

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
For me the first step is to test everything on the same machine.
If it works without problem, we can deport certain processes. However, I would recommend the use of LSL which is less restrictive for beginners (no IP addresses or other to manage just the name of a stream and must be on the same network. Moreover with LSL you can make a new intermediate step use LSL by having everything run on the same machine.It manages on its own whether it should search locally or on the network.
Thibaut

silviam

Post by silviam »

Hi Thibaut,
thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is not possible for the time being to install new software (OpenVibe) on the Micromed machine as per hospital policy. I'm afraid that using a LSL as an input to the Acquisition Server is also not an option as the Micromed software does not forward data to a LSL stream. In fact, my goal is to use OpenVibe as the interface to send data from Micromed to another application as a LSL stream (Micromed -> Acquisition Server -> LSL Output -> my application).
Please let me know if you think I get it wrong.

Thanks!

Silvia

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
I am not a network protocol expert. But in principle your piepline is good. But if you have the acquisition server on the micromed PC, I don't see why you don't have OV? Otherwise install the headset driver on the PC which already has OV. This intermediate step is mainly to test the headset and the connection. Afterwards I don't know for your inter-computer communication if the firewall must be configured or the antivirus.
Thibaut

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Silvia,

I'm bouncing back on your first message, as you're guess was correct: The acquisition server should run on the micromed computer.

The acquisition server checks the presence of the registry keys on the machine it's running on. As the keys are on your micromed computer, it cannot find them on the other laptop.

Cheers,
Thomas