Debian / Neurodebian build

markscohen

Debian / Neurodebian build

Post by markscohen »

Hi folks:

I have been eager to get a development environment for OpenVibe together on my Apple laptop.

I hope that I could build OpenVibe in Neurodebian running on VirtualBox. I was able to get the code to compile fully, but it nevertheless throws errors on startup there, and never actually runs (see below).

Thank you. I would sincerely appreciate anyone's advice on how to get a system like this configured.

============
./linux-test
libGL error: pci id for fd 4: 80ee:beef, driver (null)
libGL error: core dri or dri2 extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 37
Current serial number in output stream: 40
libGL error: pci id for fd 4: 80ee:beef, driver (null)
libGL error: core dri or dri2 extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 37
Current serial number in output stream: 40
3603 (process ID) old priority 0, new priority 19
[ INF ] Created kernel loader, trying to load kernel module
[ INF ] Kernel module loaded, trying to get kernel descriptor
[ INF ] Got kernel descriptor, trying to create kernel
[ INF ] Adding kernel configuration file [/home/brain/Downloads/OV/openvibe-1.3.0-src/dist/share/openvibe/kernel/openvibe.conf]
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [/home/brain/Downloads/OV/openvibe-1.3.0-src/dist/share/openvibe/kernel/openvibe.conf]
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [/home/brain/.config/openvibe/openvibe-acquisition-serverrc]
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [/home/brain/.config/openvibe/openviberc]
[ INF ] Logging to '/home/brain/.config/openvibe/log/openvibe-acquisition-server.log'
[ INF ] Adding plugins from [/home/brain/Downloads/OV/openvibe-1.3.0-src/dist/lib/libopenvibe-plugins-stream-codecs*.so]
[ INF ] Added 21 plugin object descriptor(s) from [/home/brain/Downloads/OV/openvibe-1.3.0-src/dist/lib/libopenvibe-plugins-stream-codecs.so]
[ INF ] Loading plugin: ExternalStimulations (deprecated)
[ INF ] Loading plugin: TCP Tagging

jtlindgren

Re: Debian / Neurodebian build

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Mark,

this is tricky as the errors printed appear to be due to graphics which in openvibe is handled by gtk and/or ogre -- those are not printouts from openvibe itself but some graphics related library subroutine. One way to proceed would be to check that your virtual machine has 'full' graphics capabilities and can run other gtk and ogre applications in X11. If so, then you could investigate whats the issue with those missing drivers it complains about like vboxvideo etc. Usually such errors indicate that you haven't installed some necessary packages on your distro and/or the vm is not configured for graphics.

If that doesn't sort it out, I'd step the openvibe code with gdb and see which call exactly produces the error, and then find out if that call at all works on your system or if its something related to the way openvibe uses it.

Good luck,
Jussi

markscohen

Re: Debian / Neurodebian build

Post by markscohen »

Thank you Jussi. That answer is a bit daunting, but I appreciate it very much.