OpenVibe Rendering Fails

iwalker

OpenVibe Rendering Fails

Post by iwalker »

I installed openvibe v. 1.2.2 on my macbook running windows 7 (dual boot). Anything graphics related fails including the simple 3d viewer. I get the error:

[ ERROR ] <Ogre3D::Exception> Failed to initialize Ogre : OGRE EXCEPTION(-2005270524:RenderingAPIException): Failed to create Direct3D11 object in D3D11RenderSystem::D3D11RenderSystem at E:\Work\Source\OGRE\RenderSystems\Direct3D11\src\OgreD3D11RenderSystem.cpp (line 3692)

jtlindgren

Re: OpenVibe Rendering Fails

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, the first question is, do you have DirectX 11 installed on the computer?

Cheers,
Jussi

iwalker

Post by iwalker »

Yes.

1) I assumed that Direct X was installed on Windows 7 by default.
2) I installed Direct X 9 and 11 (I think) at some point following various links and references.

However, I still have this issue. In the past, I think I forced openvibe to use opengl through some config file.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

You'll find the Ogre related config files in %AppData%/openvibe/ as well as others under the install directorys share/openvibe/kernel/. These should be specified to use opengl if your system has some issue with dx. The AppData ogre configs are mostly used by demos and can be deleted (then it will ask you the rendering system again), whereas the configs in share/ might affect boxes as well. Unfortunately I don't know if it'll still attempt to use dx on something on Windows if you have chosen opengl.

Cheers,
Jussi

iwalker

Post by iwalker »

So, I moved the config files under %appdata% and openvibe designer would not start with the openvibe.conf file there so I replaced it. Then I continued to get the original error. I then changed "Kernel_3DVisualisationEnabled = true" to "Kernel_3DVisualisationEnabled = false". This removed the error about init the system but naturally resulted in being unable to create a 3D context. Then is seems that the 3D system reference ogre.conf in %appdata%. Doesn't seem to have an effect whether this config file exists or not. I have attached the log files to provide better context.
Attachments
openvibe-designer.log
log file from openvibe designer log with same error.
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
designer-ogre.log
log file when starting openvibe designer with 3DVis set to true and no ogre.conf
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

One thing that could be tested is if can run other ogre demos, apps on your system. These can be found by google. If they dont work either, its likely a problem between ogre and your os and computer configuration. Unfortunately this kind of problem is very hard to correct without being able to reproduce it. The only sure way is to build a debug build and try to see where it fails inside ogre. We have noticed that similar problems may happen on virtual machines - usually our 'solution' to this is just to avoid using the 3d stuff on such platforms.

Cheers,
Jussi