help building open vibe

natacha

help building open vibe

Post by natacha »

Hey I managed to run the dependencies script quite neatly after following streph advice on forum changing libogre-dev to libogre-1.8-dev and in consequence libboost-chrono1.54-dev to libboost-chrono1.55-dev that libogre install as default.

But when running the build script It gets stuck at gtk tryed installin libgtk-3-dev but it does not help, tried modifying the buid script to disable gtk
but does not help either....

any help welcome!

xxn.

Building CXX object applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/src/ova_main.cpp.o
[ 8%] Built target openvibe-vr-demo
/home/natacha/open-vibe/openvibe-1.2.0-src/applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/src/ova_main.cpp:3:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
^
compilation terminated.
[ 9%] Built target test_tagstream
applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/src/ova_main.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/src/ova_main.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2806: recipe for target 'applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [applications/developer-tools/vrpn-simulator/CMakeFiles/openvibe-vrpn-simulator.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 10%] Built target test_timearithmetic
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed

nfoy

Re: help building open vibe

Post by nfoy »

Hi Natacha
Could you please tell about the system on which you're trying to install OpenVibe ?
Cheers

natacha

Post by natacha »

hi thanks for rely:)

As i mentioned I'm running Debian Jessie my system is AMD 64.

greets

n.

nfoy

Post by nfoy »

Hi,
OpenVibe mainly supports 3 systems: Windows, Ubuntu and Fedora. It might work on other platforms but with more effort.
If you want to avoid hacking to make it work on your system (which can be time-consuming and tedious), I recommend you to use one of the supported platforms (http://openvibe.inria.fr/supported-architectures/).
All the best,