Build on Ubuntu 14.10 fails -undefined reference to shm_open

Harag

Build on Ubuntu 14.10 fails -undefined reference to shm_open

Post by Harag »

Hi

DISCLAIMER: I know less than nothing about c or c++

I am getting the error listed below when building (git source), and from googling I suspect that the links listed has the answer but it is beyond my skill set to fix it seams, could some one please assist me?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2033 ... or-message
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Understan ... LinkChange

Linking CXX executable test_evidenceaccumulation
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/tagging/ovexCSoftTagger.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::remove(char const*)':
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:382: undefined reference to `shm_unlink'
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:382: undefined reference to `shm_unlink'
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/tagging/ovexCSoftTagger.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::priv_open_or_create(boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::create_enum_t, char const*, boost::interprocess::mode_t, boost::interprocess::permissions const&)':
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:315: undefined reference to `shm_open'
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/tagging/ovexCSoftTagger.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::remove(char const*)':
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/tagging/ovexCSoftTagger.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::priv_open_or_create(boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::create_enum_t, char const*, boost::interprocess::mode_t, boost::interprocess::permissions const&)':
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:309: undefined reference to `shm_open'
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:309: undefined reference to `shm_open'
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:315: undefined reference to `shm_open'
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/iocommunication/ovexISharedMemoryReader.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::remove(char const*)':
CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/__/__/src/iocommunication/ovexISharedMemoryReader.cpp.o: In function `boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object::priv_open_or_create(boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::create_enum_t, char const*, boost::interprocess::mode_t, boost::interprocess::permissions const&)':
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:334: undefined reference to `shm_open'
/usr/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp:327: undefined reference to `shm_open'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
contrib/applications/platform/P300Stimulator/test/test_evidenceAccumulation/CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/build.make:1061: recipe for target 'contrib/applications/platform/P300Stimulator/test/test_evidenceAccumulation/test_evidenceaccumulation' failed
make[2]: *** [contrib/applications/platform/P300Stimulator/test/test_evidenceAccumulation/test_evidenceaccumulation] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3092: recipe for target 'contrib/applications/platform/P300Stimulator/test/test_evidenceAccumulation/CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [contrib/applications/platform/P300Stimulator/test/test_evidenceAccumulation/CMakeFiles/test_evidenceaccumulation.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:113: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

jtlindgren

Re: Build on Ubuntu 14.10 fails -undefined reference to shm_

Post by jtlindgren »

This likely corresponds to a reported bug,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tracker/view.php?id=165

We are working on it.

Best,
Jussi

Harag

Post by Harag »

Thanx it looks that way, I will keep an eye on the tracker issue.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with, even if it is just testing.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Harag,

the problem should now be fixed in git master, you could try to compile that and let us know if it worked for you.

Thanks,
Jussi

Harag

Post by Harag »

Hi

Its compiling without any errors thanx, I will test with my device tonight I don't have it on hand at the moment.

Regards
Phil

Harag

Post by Harag »

So all works well untill I add a temporal filter, the designer crashes out if I run a scenario with a temporal filter in it.

This is the error i see in the terminal:

/openvibe/dist/bin/openvibe-designer: symbol lookup error: /home/phil/Development/openvibe/dist/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenvibe-plugins-contrib-signal-processing.so: undefined symbol: _ZN4itpp5zerosEi

Should I create a new issue for this?
Would compiling with --debug give more info?

Harag

Post by Harag »

Logged a bug report, with relevant files for the designer crash.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tracker/view.php?id=167