Build on Ubuntu14.04

yneveu

Build on Ubuntu14.04

Post by yneveu »

Hello everyone,
I just start a new internship and I need tu install openvibe on ubuntu14.04.
First I couldn't install the depedencies with "linux-install_dependencies" beceause libogre-dev was obsolete.
I installed with "apt-get install libogre-1.8-dev" the new library

But now I still can't build the software. There is trouble with the boost library. It can't find a path for boost_system-mt, boost_system_regex...
I had these errors. I'm a beginner with Unix... Thanks for your help.

Code: Select all

../libopenvibe-module-fs.so.0.17.1: référence indéfinie vers « boost::filesystem::path::parent_path() const »
../libopenvibe-module-fs.so.0.17.1: référence indéfinie vers « boost::system::system_category() »
../libopenvibe-module-fs.so.0.17.1: référence indéfinie vers « boost::filesystem::detail::create_directories(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*) »
../libopenvibe-module-fs.so.0.17.1: référence indéfinie vers « boost::system::generic_category() »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [modules/fs/test/test_fs] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [modules/fs/test/CMakeFiles/test_fs.dir/all] Erreur 2

jtlindgren

Re: Build on Ubuntu14.04

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello yneveu,

You do not mention which version of openvibe you are trying. The last release version 0.17 might not compile. However, there are changes in the git version, and that should already work on 14.04 without having to install any packages by hand. The dependency script should do everything.

If you haven't already, please give the git version a try.

Good luck,
Jussi

yneveu

Post by yneveu »

This is the 0.17.1 version.

When I try to build, it can't find some libraries from boost. (boost_thread-mt, boost_filesystem-mt...)
I change the CMake files and now it search (boost_thread and boost_file_system) instead of (boost_thread-mt...)

Before he stoped at 7% now he's still building.

I will give you more information if that works entirely.

yneveu

Post by yneveu »

install completed. There is no '-mt' in the name of the library. This is maybe an explanation

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3031 ... -thread-mt

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Thanks for the report! Our git version has been modified to alternatively look for the libs without the postfixes.

Hope it works for you now.

Happy hacking,
Jussi