Problem to build OpenVibe with visual studio 2008

Jeff_B

Problem to build OpenVibe with visual studio 2008

Post by Jeff_B »

Hi there,

First of all, thumbs up for the OpenVibe developpers ! Thank you for sharing your code with the community.

I have successfully built openvibe-0.13.1-svn3210 using Visual Studio 2010 (OS = Vista SP1).
I generated a skeleton to try to build later a driver for a cheap portable EEG device bought in China (from Symptop. 16 channels around 100 $/channel).

I would have liked to be able to make a cool demo of a BCI in my collège (maybe I should buy an Emotiv for that !) to try to create en interest in science about my students (so few of them are !).

Since I am more used to older versions of Visual Studio and I have to reuse dll's and build an old MFC code for this driver, I then tried to build OpenVibe using Visual Studio 2008:
- I removed the Symtop device folder(I had started to program) in D:\openvibe-0.13.1-svn3210-src-2\openvibe-0.13.1-svn3210-src\openvibe-applications\acquisition-server\trunc\src
- I modified the "win32-init_env_command" script to force visual 2008 (erasing the VS2010 detection), and executed it.
- I erased and downloaded again the dependencies, but they seem to remain in the vs100 version, even though I can read at the 1st line of "win32-dependencies": SET OV_DEP_MSSDK=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\

When I try to build the OpenVibe platform, if fails due to multiple unresolved externals in the dependencies (itpp,...) and in the Signal Processing plugin :o( Are they triggered by the vs100 versions in the dependencies ? If so, how can I force the vs90 dependencies to download/install instead of the vs100 version ?
Thanks for any help
Jean-François

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Problem to build OpenVibe with visual studio 2008

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jean-François,

Sorry for the late reply !
If you didn't already solve your problem, here is some tips.

The Visual Studio 2008 vs90 compatibility has been hidden lately, as microsoft does not provide this version of VS anymore.
We didn't remove the archives from the website so you will be able to get the old VS90 dependencies

In the windows dependency installer select VS2008 as a compilation platform, it will download and install the vs90 archives.

L
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !