OpenVIBE + Emotiv + Java

kaviBCI

OpenVIBE + Emotiv + Java

Post by kaviBCI »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to develop a Java application by using the OpenVIBE + Emotiv. This is my first time using the OpenVIBE and the Emotiv headset. I have several questions. Could you help me understand the requirements? Your expertise is sincerely appreciated.

1. I understand OpenVIBE and Emotiv are able to connect. I understand Java and Emotiv are able to connect. How can I effectively connect OpenVIBE, Emotiv, and Java together?

2. How I can best integrate the SSVEP algorithm from OpenVIBE to indicate simulations on a Java interface?

3. How can I best integrate the virtual reality models from OpenVIBE to Java?

Thank you!!!!

jlegeny

Re: OpenVIBE + Emotiv + Java

Post by jlegeny »

Hello kaviBCI,

the officialy supported way of connecting OpenViBE with external applications is through the VRPN protocol. OpenViBE possesses both client and server boxes which enable you to send and receive data to and from any application that also uses VRPN. If you are going to do a Java SSVEP application, you can base yourself on the existing SSVEP scenarios. These will basically work with any external application, you will only have to modify the control commands (such as when your application starts, whether or not the targets should flicker and so on).

OpenViBE acquisition server can connect with Emotiv and send the data to the designer. This means you do not have to connect your application with the headset.

Cheers
Jozef

kaviBCI

Re: OpenVIBE + Emotiv + Java

Post by kaviBCI »

Jozef,

First of all, I sincerely appreciate your message. Thank you so much!

This is my first time creating a Java SSVEP application. I have a couple questions please.

1. How can I make the targets on the Java application flicker?

2. So the arrangement is for sending and receiving a SSVEP signal Emotiv -> OpenViBE -> Java?

3. Where does the SSVEP signal get classified?

4. Which existing SSVEP scenario would be compatible with Java?

Happy 2012! Thank you!