Compile error on openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src with VS2010

kyungae

Compile error on openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src with VS2010

Post by kyungae »

Hello.
This is Kyungae who studies P300 speller EEG system.

When I install OpenViBE with VS2010, I had several errors.
But I don't know where these errors come from..
Is here anyone help me??

My install environment is
- Windows XP-32bit installed Visual Studio 2010
- openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src

While I build OpenViBE, the errors are like this;

D:\RESEARCH\BCI\OpenVibe\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-plugins\file-io\trunc\src\box-algorithms\file-reading-and-writing\ovpCBoxAlgorithmElectrodeLocalizationFileReader.cpp : fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler generated file: 'CMakeFiles\OpenViBE-plugins-file-io-dynamic.dir\src\box-algorithms\file-reading-and-writing\ovpCBoxAlgorithmElectrodeLocalizationFile
Reader.obj': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best,
Kyungae

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Compile error on openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src with VS2010

Post by lbonnet »

Hi kyungae, and welcome on board !

This error happens on Windows systems when it tries to compile files on a huge absolute path.
I don't remember the precise limit, but at some point, the system fails opening the file with error 'No such file or directory'.
And in openvibe the svn folder organization (project/trunc/src...) can produce some very long paths... which does not help !

I see from your log that you installed openvibe in
D:\RESEARCH\BCI\OpenVibe\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\

Try to uncompress the source archive in D:\RESEARCH\BCI\OpenVibe\ instead.

I hope this helps !

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

kyungae

Post by kyungae »

Hello, lbonnet.

Thank you for your help.
When I try to solve the problems according to your commnents, one error is solved.
But the following errors are still occurred.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

Could you tell me solve these errors??
Thank you.

Best,
Kyungae
lbonnet wrote:Hi kyungae, and welcome on board !

This error happens on Windows systems when it tries to compile files on a huge absolute path.
I don't remember the precise limit, but at some point, the system fails opening the file with error 'No such file or directory'.
And in openvibe the svn folder organization (project/trunc/src...) can produce some very long paths... which does not help !

I see from your log that you installed openvibe in
D:\RESEARCH\BCI\OpenVibe\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\

Try to uncompress the source archive in D:\RESEARCH\BCI\OpenVibe\ instead.

I hope this helps !

Laurent

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

This sounds like some generic cmake error...

Did you reinstall the whole software after relocating your sources?
--> You must re-run everything (win32-install_dependencies.exe, then win32-build.cmd), as the path is now changed and the dependencies may not be found.

If you used your previous installation (e.g with copy-paste) there will be a folder named local-tmp in the root directory.
This folder contains the temporary cmake files from previous compilation, thus erroneous.
--> Delete the folder local-tmp and re-run win32-build.cmd

I hope this will solve your problems !

Laurent

kyungae

Post by kyungae »

Hello, lbonnet.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried what you gave me comments..
However, local-tmp is generated every build even if I remove local-tmp or I restart every step like this; download -src.zip -> unzip -> run install-dependance -> run build..
With this try, several same errors are occurred as bellows.

Could you tell me why it is????
Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,
Kyungae
lbonnet wrote:This sounds like some generic cmake error...

Did you reinstall the whole software after relocating your sources?
--> You must re-run everything (win32-install_dependencies.exe, then win32-build.cmd), as the path is now changed and the dependencies may not be found.

If you used your previous installation (e.g with copy-paste) there will be a folder named local-tmp in the root directory.
This folder contains the temporary cmake files from previous compilation, thus erroneous.
--> Delete the folder local-tmp and re-run win32-build.cmd

I hope this will solve your problems !

Laurent

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi kyungae,

I just tried to reproduce your setup (win xp 32bits, openvibe-src-0.11.0) and everything was fine, so it's definitely not a problem with sources.
However, local-tmp is generated every build even if I remove local-tmp or I restart every step like this; download -src.zip -> unzip -> run install-dependance -> run build..
As I said, local-tmp is always generated when building the software, it's normal. Removing it will force the build to restart from scratch.
If you did restart every steps, you shouldn't have these errors... Do you have a previous installation of cmake or whatever that is already on your computer ?
It may cause some problem with openvibes own version...

Could you also give us the full log of your build ?
So we can see precisely when the error appears.

Laurent-

kyungae

Post by kyungae »

Hello, lbonnet.

I had a previous installation of cmake but I removed it when I tried to install OpenviBE.

I attach my build log..
There are lots of warning but I want to solve fatal error first..
In addition, I omit some part of full build log because those messages are similar....

Please tell me how I solve these problems...

Thanks a lot for your helps in advance.
lbonnet wrote:Hi kyungae,

I just tried to reproduce your setup (win xp 32bits, openvibe-src-0.11.0) and everything was fine, so it's definitely not a problem with sources.
As I said, local-tmp is always generated when building the software, it's normal. Removing it will force the build to restart from scratch.
If you did restart every steps, you shouldn't have these errors... Do you have a previous installation of cmake or whatever that is already on your computer ?
It may cause some problem with openvibes own version...

Could you also give us the full log of your build ?
So we can see precisely when the error appears.

Laurent-
Attachments
OpenViBE_build_log.txt
(149.22 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello, kyungae

It seems that the common point of all the files which produce errors is that they are not saved in unicode encoding. This usually never poses a problem, it is possible that some localizations of Visual Studio might have problems with it.

I have attached a source file to this post. Could you please replace the file C:\OpenviBE\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-applications\acquisition-server\trunc\src\tmsi-refa32b\ovasCDriverTMSiRefa32B.cpp with it, try compiling again and then re-post your full build log?

Thanks
Jozef
Attachments
ovasCDriverTMSiRefa32B.cpp
Source file re-saved in unicode
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

kyungae

Post by kyungae »

Hello, Jozef

I replaced original "ovasCDriverTMSiRefa32B.cpp" with your attached file and reinstalled - src.
I got successful install even if I had lots of warning..

Thank you very much for all helps.

I attach my build log after successful install and I omit similar message of full build log.

Best,
Kyungae
jlegeny wrote:Hello, kyungae

It seems that the common point of all the files which produce errors is that they are not saved in unicode encoding. This usually never poses a problem, it is possible that some localizations of Visual Studio might have problems with it.

I have attached a source file to this post. Could you please replace the file C:\OpenviBE\openvibe-0.11.0-svn3052-src\openvibe-applications\acquisition-server\trunc\src\tmsi-refa32b\ovasCDriverTMSiRefa32B.cpp with it, try compiling again and then re-post your full build log?

Thanks
Jozef
Attachments
OpenViBE_build_log2.txt
(48.96 KiB) Downloaded 233 times