error building on Windows XP x64 SP2 with VS2010

michaelrepucci

error building on Windows XP x64 SP2 with VS2010

Post by michaelrepucci »

Firstly, nicely done! OpenViBE looks really well designed. I've played around with the Windows binary and it works great.

Now I'm trying to compile OpenViBE from source. I downloaded the latest stable source (v0.10.0). My system is Windows XP x64 SP2 with Visual Studio 2010, but I'm compiling 32-bit binaries. I believe I've followed the instructions correctly to install dependencies and run the windows build script, but I get several errors:

Code: Select all

Configuring and building openvibe\trunc ...

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/local-tmp/openvibe/trunc

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Linking CXX shared library OpenViBE-dynamic.dll
   Creating library OpenViBE-dynamic.lib and object OpenViBE-dynamic.exp
[100%] Built target OpenViBE-dynamic

[100%] Built target OpenViBE-dynamic
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Installing: C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe/trunc/lib/OpenViBE-dynamic.lib
-- Installing: C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe/trunc/bin/OpenViBE-dynamic.dll
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:35 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot set modification time on
  "C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe/trunc/bin/OpenViBE-dynamic.dll"

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\mrepucci\Programs\OpenViBE\dependencies\cmake\cmake-2.8.2-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
This error happens with many modules in OpenViBE. It says it's fatal, but it doesn't seem so important to me, unless further steps in the installation were skipped as a result (I don't know). The build process does continue, despite such errors. My best guess is that the version of CMake that I already had installed on my system (v2.8.3) may be somehow interfering with the OpenViBE installed CMake dependency, but I wouldn't know what to do to resolve that if it is an issue. Please advise.

The more fatal error, which stops the build process entirely is:

Configuring and building openvibe-kernel-omk\trunc ...

--   Found OpenViBE...
--     [  OK  ] lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe/trunc/lib/OpenViBE-dynamic.lib
--   Found OpenViBE module FS...
--     [  OK  ] lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe-modules/fs/trunc/lib/OpenViBE-module-FS-dynamic.lib
--   Found OpenViBE module System...
--     [  OK  ] lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe-modules/system/trunc/lib/OpenViBE-module-System-dynamic.lib
--   Found OpenViBE module XML...
--     [  OK  ] lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe-modules/xml/trunc/lib/OpenViBE-module-XML-dynamic.lib
--   FAILED to find GTK+...
--   Found boost...
--   Found Ogre3D/OIS...
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/dependencies/ogre/lib/release/OgreMain.lib
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/dependencies/ogre/lib/release/OIS.lib
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/local-tmp/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc

Scanning dependencies of target OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/algorithm/ovkCAlgorithm.obj

ovkCAlgorithm.cpp
[  3%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/algorithm/ovkCAlgorithmContext.obj
ovkCAlgorithmContext.cpp
[  5%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/algorithm/ovkCAlgorithmManager.obj
ovkCAlgorithmManager.cpp
[  7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/algorithm/ovkCAlgorithmProto.obj
ovkCAlgorithmProto.cpp
[  9%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/algorithm/ovkCAlgorithmProxy.obj
ovkCAlgorithmProxy.cpp
[ 11%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/configuration/ovkCConfigurationManager.obj
ovkCConfigurationManager.cpp
[ 13%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/log/ovkCLogListenerConsole.obj
ovkCLogListenerConsole.cpp
[ 15%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/log/ovkCLogListenerFile.obj
ovkCLogListenerFile.cpp
[ 17%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/log/ovkCLogListenerNull.obj
ovkCLogListenerNull.cpp
[ 19%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/log/ovkCLogManager.obj
ovkCLogManager.cpp
[ 21%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/ovkCKernelContext.obj
ovkCKernelContext.cpp
[ 23%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/ovkCKernelObjectFactory.obj

ovkCKernelObjectFactory.cpp
c:\mrepucci\programs\openvibe\openvibe-kernel-omk\trunc\src\openvibe-kernel\kernel\visualisation/ovkCVisualisationTree.h
(9) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gtk/gtk.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

An error occured during building process

Press any key to continue . . .
I couldn't seem to find any discussion of this in the forum. Any idea why the build process can't find the GTK dependency? The file it's looking for is installed to the GTK dependencies folder (OpenViBE\dependencies\gtk\include\gtk-2.0\gtk\gtk.h).

Thanks in advance for the help!

michaelrepucci

Re: error building on Windows XP x64 SP2 with VS2010

Post by michaelrepucci »

Running the clean script and re-running the build script fixed the second error. The first error is still there - file modification time problem with CMake - but it doesn't appear to be crucial.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hello Michael and welcome on board!
This error happens with many modules in OpenViBE. It says it's fatal, but it doesn't seem so important to me, unless further steps in the installation were skipped as a result (I don't know). The build process does continue, despite such errors.
Does the build process now end successfully ?
i.e. are you able to run the Designer and the other applications in dist/ ?
My best guess is that the version of CMake that I already had installed on my system (v2.8.3) may be somehow interfering with the OpenViBE installed CMake dependency, but I wouldn't know what to do to resolve that if it is an issue. Please advise.
Indeed it's a possibility as we use CMake 2.8.2.
The error is precisely :

file INSTALL cannot set modification time on "C:/mrepucci/Programs/OpenViBE/openvibe/trunc/bin/OpenViBE-dynamic.dll"
And I can't find much information about it anywhere... It doesn't look like a common cmake error.
Anyway, it's the first time I see it. I'm sorry I'm not being very helpful about that :(

Anyone else ?

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

michaelrepucci

Post by michaelrepucci »

Thanks for the response! Yes, I can now build successfully, and the applications run, using the generated test*.cmd batch files.

I'm still not sure why the error with the file modification time and CMake, but as it isn't critical, I'm not going to pursue it.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Ok !
Indeed... if everything runs fine it's not a priority.

enjoy openvibe!

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !