Linux-build fails & IT++ problem

magister

Linux-build fails & IT++ problem

Post by magister »

Hi,

I try to install OpenVibe on my computer (Debian Wheezy - amd64). After hours of hard work, I can't find a solution to get it done. So I'm asking your help. : )

Here is what I did :
- I downloaded the .zip archive. Uncompress it. cd scripts/ && sudo ./linux-install_dependencies. I think it worked pretty well (see my report).
- Then, I tried to sudo ./linux-build, but I got this error :
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
. And it seems it is damn right ! (see report)
- I tried to apt-get install every lib I could, and try to compile itpplib, but without success. It still doesn't work.

Basically, it doesn't find the ITPP librairy, neither VORBIS or ALUT. There is some CEGUI error too..

Code: Select all

magister@magicbox:/opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/scripts$ whereis itpp
itpp: /usr/include/itpp /usr/share/itpp

magister@magicbox:/opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/scripts$ whereis vorbis
vorbis: /usr/include/vorbis
Is there a way to pass it in parameters ?

My two reports are join with my message.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
M.
Attachments
report2.txt
Result of ./linux-build
(20.14 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
report.txt
Result of ./linux-install_dependecies
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

jlegeny

Re: Linux-build fails & IT++ problem

Post by jlegeny »

Hello

I have just tested the installation of OpenViBE on Debian. I have modified the dependency installer so it uses the Ubuntu part on Debian and it worked. I have updated the dependency installer in the SVN release and I am uploading it here to this post (as a txt file, rename it to .sh before running it).

Please delete your dist/ dependencies/ and local-tmp/ folders and retry the dependency installation with this script only. It should install all dependencies as native and only compile VRPN. In my test on Wheezy the IT++ works fine as well.

Cheers
Jozef
Attachments
linux-install_dependencies.txt
(59.13 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

magister

Post by magister »

Hello,
Thanks for your interest. I will try your script in one hour. I'll keep you informed.
Thanks again !

magister

Post by magister »

Hello again Jozef,

Your script didn't change anything. IT++ is well installed :

magister@magicbox:~$ dpkg -l |grep itpp
ii  libitpp-dev                                    4.2-4                              amd64        C++ library of signal processing and communication routines: Headers
ii  libitpp-doc                                    4.2-4                              all          C++ library of signal processing and communication routines: Documentation
ii  libitpp7                                       4.2-4                              amd64        C++ library of signal processing and communication routines
ii  libitpp7-dbg                                   4.2-4                              amd64        C++ library of signal processing and communication routines: Debug symbols
The install_dependencies succed, but the linux-build fail. I've got plenty of those errors :

CMake Error at cmake-modules/OvAddProjects.cmake:49 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/contrib/plugins/processing/CMakeFiles

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  contrib/plugins/processing/CMakeLists.txt:3 (OV_ADD_PROJECTS)

--   Found OpenViBE module EBML...
--   Found OpenViBE module System...
--   FAILED to find it++...
-- ADDING: /opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/documentation
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Cheers,
M.

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

From your log I can see that your source directory is polluted by files generated by the CMake. This can happen when the cmake is ran manually with wrong parameters. I would recommend creating a new clean source directory and re-do the building. Alternatively you can sweep your /opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src folder and remove all files that were generated by CMake (such as the CMakeFiles folder mentioned in your log).

Also I recommend avoiding building openvibe as root, if you need to use the /opt directory I would recommend changing the permissions or the ownership of the /opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src folder.

magister

Post by magister »

I removed my directory, unziped again the archive, and tried a ./linux-install_dependencies. It worked fine.
But then, I got this error on the ./linux-build :

In file included from /home/magister/Francesco/tools/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/kernel/src/kernel/visualisation/ovkCVisualisationManager.cpp:3:0:
/home/magister/Francesco/tools/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/kernel/src/kernel/visualisation/../player/ovkCOgreVisualisation.h:8:18: fatal error: Ogre.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
compilation terminated.
[ 26%] Building CXX object kernel/CMakeFiles/openvibe-kernel.dir/src/kernel/visualisation/ovkCVisualisationTree.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [kernel/CMakeFiles/openvibe-kernel.dir/src/kernel/visualisation/ovkCVisualisationManager.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[2]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....
make[1]: *** [kernel/CMakeFiles/openvibe-kernel.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
So it doesn't find Ogre.h. When I do a

locate Ogre.h
/opt/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/dependencies/include/OGRE/Ogre.h
Thus, I will edit manually all the .cpp files to replace Ogre.h by OGRE/Ogre.h ... Unless you know a powerful bashscript to do it ? Or maybe the Makefile ?
I tried this on 3 different machines, so it is general to Debian.

Thanks for your patience,
Cheers,
M.

magister

Post by magister »

Hello,

I finally did it !
The problem was that it didn't find Ogre.h and ois.h. And it has to find both to continue. If one is missing, it will tells you that both are not ok.
Ogre.h & ois.h are in /usr/include/OGRE/ or /usr/include/ois. And it seeks in /usr/include only.
To correct this problem, we had to modify the .pc files. Here is what we did :

magister@magicbox:~$ locate OGRE.pc # warning, it's case sensitive !
/home/magister/Francesco/tools/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/dependencies/lib/pkgconfig/OGRE.pc
We edited it :

magister@magicbox:..$ nano OGRE.pc
And we replaced

includedir=${prefix}/include/
by
includedir=${prefix}/include/OGRE/
We did the same for ois. And then, it worked perfectly ! We tested it on 3 different debians, so I'm pretty sure that the problem comes from those .pc. It is more the apt-get system than openvibe itself. But it could be nice to note this problem in the FAQ.
Thanks a lot for your help. : )

Cheers,
M.

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

glad to hear that you have solved your problem.

It is weird though that you still had traces of OGRE in the dependency folder as OGRE should be installed as a native dependency. Could you send me the log of your dependency installation so I can look at it?

In my tests with debian the listing of my OPENVIBE/dependencies/lib/ folder is this:

jozef@ov-deb:~/openvibe-0.16.0-svn3769-src/dependencies$ ls -l lib
total 4336
-rw-r--r-- 1 jozef jozef   69122 Jul  4 13:45 libquat.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 jozef jozef 1193432 Jul  4 13:45 libvrpn.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 jozef jozef   18040 Jul  4 13:45 libvrpnatmel.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 jozef jozef 3153022 Jul  4 13:45 libvrpnserver.a
It seems that for some reason the OGRE got pulled in partially from the archives on your machine.

Thank you
Jozef

magister

Post by magister »

Here is my report for ls -l lib.
I installed Ogre by apt too. I've got Ogre.h in /usr/include/OGRE/ .
Attachments
report.txt
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 397 times