attempt to build OpenVIBE on Fedora 15

oscarys

attempt to build OpenVIBE on Fedora 15

Post by oscarys »

Hi everyone,

I decided to give it a shot and build OV on F15. I stumbled with a couple of problems that didn't allow me to successfully build it:

1) The CEGUI tar file that is downloaded by the linux-install-dependencies script is corrupt, and when the script attempts to unzip it, the script fails. I downloaded from a different source (sorry, I didn't keep the url) and substituted with no problem (I can post the file if such a thing is advisable) which allowed the script to proceed until a compilation error: CEGUIString.h is lacking an #include: #include <cstddef>. With that added, CEGUI builds ok, as do the rest of the dependencies.

2) Now the hard one: the linux-build script breaks when building ovkCKernelContext. Here is a screen dump:

Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/ovkCKernelContext.o
In file included from /home/oscar/Downloads/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenarioImporterContext.cpp:1:0:
/home/oscar/Downloads/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenarioImporterContext.h:29:41: error: reference ‘m_rScenario’ cannot be declared ‘mutable’ [-fpermissive]
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenarioImporterContext.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/oscar/Downloads/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenario.cpp:3:0:
/home/oscar/Downloads/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenarioImporterContext.h:29:41: error: reference ‘m_rScenario’ cannot be declared ‘mutable’ [-fpermissive]
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/scenario/ovkCScenario.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

So it complains about m_rScenario being declared mutable. I guess is one of the default compiler flags that is causing the trouble, but I was not able to figure it out. Any ideas ?

I'll report if/when the platform builds successfully on Fedora 15.

Regards,
Oscar

jlegeny

Re: attempt to build OpenVIBE on Fedora 15

Post by jlegeny »

Hello oscarys and welcome to the forums,

Many thanks for your bug report. At the time of the OpenViBE 0.10 release Fedora 15 was not yet out, so this system is not officially supported. We are working towards the compatibility in the svn version but it is not yet the case. Of course the next stable release of OpenViBE (0.11) will be fully compatible with Fedora 15 and this system will be officially supported.

I think you are right about the default compiler flags, we will look at it during our test runs. For now though, I would suggest you either use another system (if possible) or use a virtual machine.

-
Jozef