linux-init-env script missing in svn version?

xcom

linux-init-env script missing in svn version?

Post by xcom »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this topic belongs in "help for building" or "plugin development" but I'm trying to build a box plugin and just stumbled upon a missing script. When using the official source from the web page, the scripts folder contains the linux-init-env script, when using svn checkout this script seems to be missing.
This script contains the build order and is used when you only want to build a part of the software. Is this script simply missing or is there another file not mentioned by the tutorial which I can modify? If it's only missing: can I just copy it from the official distribution?

Thanks in advance

jtlindgren

Re: linux-init-env script missing in svn version?

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi xcom,

the linux init env script no longer exists in the SVN version, nor is a build order txt file generated anymore. The build system has heavily changed. At the moment, the building instructions about the SVN version can be read from the INSTALL file. Let us know if you have further problems with it, the SVN is work in progress though it has worked relatively well for the devs so far.

See also this post,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4890

Happy hacking,
Jussi

xcom

Post by xcom »

Hello Jussi,

I think we talk about different things. I've allready built the whole source. Now I want to build only the plugin-tree. Are there any instructions how to achieve this?
By the way, I've done a new svn checkout (rev 3512) and the INSTALL File refers to the linux-init_env_command (chapter 2 of the linux section)

Cheers

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Good catch - the INSTALL file had gone a bit out of date. Anything about linux-init-env-command can be ignored. Fixed the file.

If you want to build only some specific subtree, first build the whole OpenViBE with your component included. CMake should be able to discover your added items by browsing. Then, change to the appropriate subtree under local-tmp/. There you can call "make" and "make install" to build only that component.

Happy Hacking,
Jussi