Build issues

karthiks

Build issues

Post by karthiks »

Hey,

The new version of OpenViBE has been interesting to install :) I had to do a clean checkout on all my systems. But, I am unable to install on one system consistently. I am using Win 7 32 bit. Dependencies have been installed.

Code: Select all

Linking CXX shared library OpenViBE-plugins-file-io-dynamic.dll
   Creating library OpenViBE-plugins-file-io-dynamic.lib and object OpenViBE-plugins-
file-io-dynamic.exp
[ 41%] Built target OpenViBE-plugins-file-io-dynamic
Scanning dependencies of target OpenViBE-plugins-matlab-dynamic
[ 42%] Building CXX object openvibe-plugins/matlab/trunc/CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-plugins-
matlab-dynamic.dir/src/ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatlabFilter.cpp.obj
ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatlabFilter.cpp
e:\matlab\extern\include\matrix.h(345) : error C2371: 'char16_t' : redefinition;
 different basic types
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE\yvals.h(576) :
see declaration of 'char16_t'
E:\Openvibe\openvibe-plugins\matlab\trunc\src\ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatlabFilter.cpp(3
87) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const OpenViBE::uint64' to 'm
wSize', possible loss of data
E:\Openvibe\openvibe-plugins\matlab\trunc\src\ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatlabFilter.cpp(3
89) : warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'const OpenViBE::uint64' t
o 'OpenViBE::uint32', possible loss of data
92) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const OpenViBE::uint64' to 'OpenViBE
::float64', possible loss of data
E:\Openvibe\openvibe-plugins\matlab\trunc\src\ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatlabFilter.cpp(4
89) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'OpenViBE::float64' to 'const
OpenViBE::uint64', possible loss of data
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

An error occured during building process

Press any key to continue . . .
Regards,

Karthik

jtlindgren

Re: Build issues

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Karthiks,

if you look at the error report you see that a header from Mathworks (not provided by OpenViBE) is conflicting with a header from Microsoft (not provided by OpenViBE). You might try removing <mex.h> include line from the Matlab box cpp files and see what happens, or disable building the matlab plugin altogether.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

jlindgren wrote:Hello Karthiks,

if you look at the error report you see that a header from Mathworks (not provided by OpenViBE) is conflicting with a header from Microsoft (not provided by OpenViBE). You might try removing <mex.h> include line from the Matlab box cpp files and see what happens, or disable building the matlab plugin altogether.

Happy hacking,
Jussi
Hey Jussi,

Thank you. I disabled building the matlab plugin. It built. and now I have MSVCR80.dll missing and the server is not starting.
Regards,

Karthik

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

There could be something funny in your build environment. MSVCR80.DLL doesn't really sound like something OpenVibe would install. Instead, it sounds like a standard Microsoft component. Google might help here...

Good luck,
Jussi

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

jlindgren wrote:There could be something funny in your build environment. MSVCR80.DLL doesn't really sound like something OpenVibe would install. Instead, it sounds like a standard Microsoft component. Google might help here...

Good luck,
Jussi
I fixed that by finding that dll file and now I have "the procedure entry point deflateSetHeader could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib1.dll"

On my other system, this version has installed fine and is running ok. On this system, the previous versions compiled and ran perfectly. I am unable to understand the issue with this version.
Regards,

Karthik

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello karthiks,

it would seem that something went wrong during the dependency installation. Did you try deleting the dependency folder in openvibe root folder and running the win32-install_dependencies.exe installer again?

Cheers
Jozef