error compiling openvibe: 'gtk_widget_get_visible'

alexp

error compiling openvibe: 'gtk_widget_get_visible'

Post by alexp »

Hi all,

after the dependencies have been installed/compiled successfully, I tried to compile openvibe (Rev: 2993) on Debian lenny 32bit.

The module simple_visualisation, OpenViBE-designer-dynamic and possibly other fail building with the error:
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-plugins-simple-visualisation-dynamic.dir/src/ovp_main.o
/home/alexp/soft/openvibe/trunk/openvibe-plugins/simple-visualisation/trunc/src/ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatrixDisplay.cpp: In member function ‘virtual OpenViBE::boolean OpenViBEPlugins::SimpleVisualisation::CBoxAlgorithmMatrixDisplay::process()’:
/home/alexp/soft/openvibe/trunk/openvibe-plugins/simple-visualisation/trunc/src/ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatrixDisplay.cpp:179: error: ‘gtk_widget_set_visible’ was not declared in this scope
/home/alexp/soft/openvibe/trunk/openvibe-plugins/simple-visualisation/trunc/src/ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatrixDisplay.cpp:203: error: ‘gtk_widget_set_visible’ was not declared in this scope
/home/alexp/soft/openvibe/trunk/openvibe-plugins/simple-visualisation/trunc/src/ovpCBoxAlgorithmMatrixDisplay.cpp:228: error: ‘gtk_widget_set_visible’ was not declared in this scope
I tried not to use the native packages (compile from source) for
# ov_hit_package "glib"
# ov_hit_package "cairo"
# ov_hit_package "pango"
# ov_hit_package "atk"
# ov_hit_package "gtk"
# ov_hit_package "clearlooks"
# ov_hit_package "libglade"
# ov_hit_package "glade"

this did not solve the problem.
Any hint where this comes from?
Thank you
Alex

alexp

Re: error compiling openvibe: 'gtk_widget_get_visible'

Post by alexp »

with the version from the download page (openvibe-0.10.0)

simple visual compiles, but OpenViBE-designer-dynamic shows the above reported problem. All other modules compile.

Any hints?

Alex

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear alexp,

according to GTK documentation, gtk_widget_set_visible has been available since GTK 2.18 which is pretty old. What version of GTK do you have in your debian lenny ?

Yann

alexp

Post by alexp »

Dear Yann,

my system has 2.12.12. I also tried to compile from source in linux-install_dependencies. Now I have seen, that it downloads an even older version, namely
ov_package_url_gtk=$ov_gnome_mirror/sources/gtk+/2.12/gtk+-2.12.11.tar.bz2
Seems that linux-install_dependencies is not up to date for the source packages...
Can I find a list of current dependencies anywhere?

Alex

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear alexp,

linux dependencies installation script is indeed not up to date when it comes to complete build from sources, this is not supposed to be used and is only devoted to ninja linux users ;)

would it be an option to upgrade your system to squeeze for instance (give it a try in a virtual machine first) ? This would probably be the easiest way to make things work again on this pretty old distro. Alternatively, if you want to keep lenny, you'll indeed have to patch the installation script in order to install more recent versions of GTK and probably of its dependencies as well. This is quite a piece of work, believe me ;)

Hope this helps,
Yann

alexp

Post by alexp »

Hi Yann,

I made some further tests, but you are right - resolving all dependencies from source is a lot of work. I updated my system (on a test machine) to squeeze - there openvibe compiles.
Thank you!

Alex