error compiling OV : Commande and signal processing gpl

matthieuG

error compiling OV : Commande and signal processing gpl

Post by matthieuG »

Hi,

I often build OV but since the last update of the source code, I meet some troble :
the branch of signal-processing-gpl make error on linking (see attach file to watch first of these errors)
The Commande make error :

Code: Select all

Configuring and building Commande ...

CMake Error: The source directory "C:/WORK/sources-T3/local-tmp/Commande/Commande" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

An error occured during building process

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...
What is different with this version of code? What does mean Commande? What can I do? What do you need more to help me?
Thanks
Attachments
tmpErrorCompilation.txt
error of compilation on signal-processing-gpl
(12.1 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

jlegeny

Re: error compiling OV : Commande and signal processing gpl

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Matthieu,

your problem probably comes from the fact that some of the branches were merged into trunk or deleted in the new release. Please check the OpenViBE_build_order file in the scripts folder to see whether there are any lines with "Commande echo désactivée" if it's the case delete this file along with the whole local-tmp folder and rebuild OpenViBE.

Hope this helps.

matthieuG

Post by matthieuG »

ok, thanks, It is good for one part : commande one.
But that don't answer the question of signal-processing-gpl... I can isolate this part in the comiling session and I have still the library issue. I kill and make a new update of this plugin part and the problem stay.
The file I gave is still current. (of course, it is the trunc, I changed nothing)

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Matthieu,

please post your win32-init_env_command.cmd file.

Best,
Yann

matthieuG

Post by matthieuG »

here, the file :
Attachments
Copie de win32-init_env_command.cmd.txt
(11.4 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Matthieu,

can you double check that the version of your installed dependencies matches the version of Visual Studio you are using to build OpenViBE ?

Thanks,
Yann

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

I am also having the same issue installing OpenViBE on my laptop. Linker errors at signal-processing-gpl.

It is compiling fine on the work computer - Win 7 (32 bit) + VC++2008 express + updated install of openvibe

Laptop - Win 7 (32 bit) + VC++ 2008 express + fresh install of openvibe.

Edit - Very silly mistake but installed dependencies again with VC++ 2008 checked and the problem sorted itself out. Thanks Yann
Regards,

Karthik

ddvlamin

Post by ddvlamin »

karthiks wrote: Edit - Very silly mistake but installed dependencies again with VC++ 2008 checked and the problem sorted itself out. Thanks Yann
I had the same problem and it took me some time at first too. The problem is that the checkbox is now hided by default so you first need to unhide it. In earlier versions I thought it was not hided so you immediately noticed that you should check the right option.

Maybe for the next installer, the option to choose the compiler should be in a separate screen to make it more noticeable, just a suggestion?

Best regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Actually, I think the default version moved from 2008 to 2010 only in the last few months... The transition between 2008 and 2010 has not been very smooth as many users moved their visual installation to 2010 before we defaulted dependencies to 2010 and got used installing non-default version of the dependencies until the they turned to 2010... Bad timing i guess, now everything should be fine as 2008 can not be downloaded anymore (or at least, you have to search for it on non MS websites :) )

Yann