Error building openvibe from source under windows

PSC

Error building openvibe from source under windows

Post by PSC »

Hi guys !

I've tried installing OpenVibe 0.9 with the .Exe file, it worked, but unfortunately it doesn't include the Emotiv Driver. So apparently, based on what I read on different websites, I have to build the software from the sources. I must admit that I don't really know what that means ... however I followed the instructions and was able to execute successfully with VS2010 "win32-install_dependencies". So the next step would be to execute "win32-build". However, it returns an error such as follows :

Linking CXX shared library OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier 'libboost_thread-vc10
0-mt-1_42.lib'
LINK failed. with 1104
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Users\Chelmi\Downloads\openvibe-0.9.0-svn2639-src
\dependencies\cmake\cmake-2.8.2-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe' : code retour '0xffffff
ff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\nmake.exe"' : code retour '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\nmake.exe"' : code retour '0x2'
Stop.

An error occured during building process

Could anyone help me ?
Thanks a lot !

PSC

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Error building openvibe from source under windows

Post by lbonnet »

Hello PSC, and welcome on board !
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier 'libboost_thread-vc10
0-mt-1_42.lib'
It seems like the build process didn't find the libboost library, which is one of the dependencies of OpenViBE.
You are using Visual studio 2010, and "vc100" refers to VS2010.
If it didn't find the library, I assume you may have installed the wrong dependencies (the VS2008 ones, a.k.a "vc90").

Did you checked the VS2010 box when installing the dependencies with win32-install_dependencies.exe ?

To be completly sure, I just downloaded the source code, installed the VS 2010 dependencies, and ran the build. It worked fine (Emotiv SDK in C:/Program Files/Emotiv).

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

shelldream

Re: Error building openvibe from source under windows

Post by shelldream »

Hi,
I met the same error when I builded the software.Is there any link to connect between the openvibe source code (or dependencies) and Visual Studio when I build the software?