beginner

melchoir

beginner

Post by melchoir »

i am interested in the instrumentation for brain computer interfaces, the ability to moniter ones self and safe guard against outside intrution is to me important so i would lik,e to know how, what field of math and what are the most common languages used for the programming of this device also i attend a college in trinidad and tobago and i would like to al be it on my own carry out a projective analusis on the probable impact of bci technology on the island of trinidad, 00049550@my.costaatt.edu.tt, this is my email at the college, my name is melchoir philip, and i can easily be accessed at this email, i am persuing my bachelors at costaatt in networking and i would albeit that i am a lamans .to incorporate brain computer interfaces into my field of study, any reading will be a great help, pour it on, and thanks, later all, see you ok.

reading: signalling, programming, neurology, mathematics, any will do later all, this is open source so i am happy, i downloaded some matlab, so i will start there later all.

fabien.lotte

Re: beginner

Post by fabien.lotte »

Hi,

If you want some overview literature on BCI, you can have a look there: https://sites.google.com/site/fabienlotte/bibliography

Otherwise, concerning programming languages, I would say that the most used ones for BCI are C++ and Matlab. Python is also increasingly used. All three of them can be used within OpenViBE :-)

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

thanks i know a guy named fabien any ways i came across some stuff and it hindered my dad and i am now interested in the bci i should say that i am now focused on what my skills should be used for, are you all familiar with anyone capable of analysing law interpretations for the use of neural prostetics and the integration of them in law enforcement?, with the manner the law is carried out in trinidad and tobago it is a must to attempt, to head of these scocial informatic set backs that can hinder us progressively, i hope to give these analysis to my church and well the senior super intendant of my county, this stuff reeeks, and the sensitivity of the technology and the manner it should be treated is either not negotiated, or non existant, this is important so can i get some source from you guys, and is there a biotechnologist that i can make buddies with, it will speed this up, later all, hopeing my bachelors will aid me later my mail is 00049550@my.costaatt.edu.tt give me the buddy treatment, and i willwathch your back on league of legends later all.

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

as i said before i am studying my bachelors at costaatt the thing is i would like to know what is the best study order for someone serious about bci technology reserch and development at present i am studying a bachelors of science in information technology networking how can i turn this into a useful qualification for braincomputer interface study, where should i begin openvibe gimme an idea of what study route i should take, topics and stuff viva a object oriented programming. later all whats your base country?

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

is mister bpayan from india?

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Melchoir,

there might not be a short-cut to learning BCI. One way to learn would be to read through some of the bibliography posted by Fabien, take a note of which things are often mentioned, and then google/read about them until you feel you have a basic understanding about them. At the same time you can play around with OpenViBE, explore, try things out. At this point you should have some understanding how this technology could be applied to your field. Even further, maybe you find that some things in BCI don't work as well as you'd like them to. That's the point where you can start thinking how you could do it better than it already is. Perhaps other people have tried? Time to Google, to ask around! Perhaps you can think of a better approach than the previous ones? Voila, you're doing engineering and research already.

Another source of information is textbooks. Some of them are collections, possibly similar to articles on Fabien's bibliography. But if you can get your hands on some, it might help as well. Here's one candidate, Google is helpfully suggesting a row of similar books along it.

http://books.google.fr/books?id=AOWyNvg ... milarbooks

Cheers,
Jussi

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

ok then well ok are there many freelance reserchers here on openvibe willing to colabarate with others even a begginer like me ?

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

i have questions one in theory the other not theory if i had to program sensory data from one individual to another, in terms of the brains neurology what would be the the requirement of the neurons theoretically please be imaginative :), what would the structure of the cell be like, both subjects have a braincomputer interface, you place a piece of emri in ones hand, in the other cubicle the emrie is felt by the othe trough radio waves, recieved and processed by their bci, this would imply the brain nerves are structured or naturally are capable of some shortwave transmission that the bci can capitalise on , can you get me in contact withsomeone that will be willing to theorise this with me, i study a bachelor in information technology and thus the biological feture of this device will be difficult, i did biology in nwhat you might call high school but well there is only so much it will show you, gimme a hand this is a bit extra carricula in terms of work load for me but i am willing to read and i will ask stuff too, i am hoping to start a company in sales and on the side do some reserch on the matter, any crews yopu know of online that are capable of this and take on people to do their source even a at openvibe later all i am trinidadian i turned thirty yestersday, i attent costaatt trinidad and i study a bachelorof science information technology, i am also willing to do skyp or what ever you guys use i would very much appreciate a poinmt in a direction that promotes this plan of mine, roll in the replys people it will take time to find a crew akin to my brand of thought and so as many as possible later.

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

my email is as follows 00049550@my.costaatt.edu.tt gimme an answer

melchoir

Post by melchoir »

i am reading the p300 book very insightful :)