VS 2010 build problems

uahmed

VS 2010 build problems

Post by uahmed »

HI...
I am getting the same error of initialisation script not found. I have installed openvibe, its sources, dependencies and VS 2010 at one folder. What do I do? Please guide me, This is my Final year project and aI have 3 days left only...PLease help.

Thanks

uahmed

VS 2010 build problems

Post by uahmed »

I am getting the error "Visual Studio Common initialisation script" not found where running init-env.cmd for buliding the openvibe to add my own box. I have installed openvibe, its sources, dependencies and VS 2010 at one folder. What do I do? Please guide me, This is my Final year project and aI have 3 days left only...PLease help.

Thanks

jtlindgren

Re: VS 2010 build problems

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Ahmed,

it could be that the VS100COMNTOOLS environment variable is not pointing to a location containing "vsvars32.bat". The variable should be created by Visual Studio install. You can check the var presence e.g. from control panel -> system and security -> system -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment variables, and see if its in the list (or do "echo %VS100COMNTOOLS%" in a command prompt).

I tested that the following process should work (although I don't unfortunately have a clean target machine to test),

- Install Visual C++ 2010 Express in the normal fashion (so that it goes to the default location under Program Files etc)
- Download the latest OpenViBE official source distribution 0.14.3-svn3350 zip
- Extract it close to C:\ so that the path doesn't get too long, e.g. in C:\ahmed should be ok.
- Start fresh Windows command prompt. In the command prompt:
- CD to the openvibe-0.14.3-svn3350-src\scripts folder
- Run win32-install_dependencies.exe
- Copy win32-init_env_command.cmd-skeleton to win32-init_env_command.cmd
- Run win32-build.cmd

ps. we have some plans to make improve the build process on Windows and Visual Studio, but it won't be there in 3 days.

Cheers,
Jussi

uahmed

Re: VS 2010 build problems

Post by uahmed »

I followed your instructions, it is not listed in the advanced settings>Environment variables box. How can I add it?