Advice please

terry

Advice please

Post by terry »

Hi, I am new to OpenViBE and what it is capable of but it looks really exciting and maybe just what I am looking for. I could do with some help and advice from any willing experienced users. So, do you think that standard, out of the box, OpenViBE could be used to develop an application to support the following functions? (I know many of the detailed functionality below is standard however it makes it far easier to follow if I include the full requirements).

a. Capture data from a NeuroSky headset (think this is standard).
b. Training data would then be captured for several patterns/classes of brainwaves to obtain a profile for certain actions or tasks (such as clicking a mouse, deep thought, agitation, secondary conflicting stimulus, etc). Each class would then be stored for the individual to build up their own unique profile.
c. Participants would then be asked to perform a series of tasks and real time data would be collected to providing feedback against each one of the profile/classes.
d. Then the system would provide an analysis of each of the classes such as total cognitive load, timings etc.
e. The system would also display a graphical indication of each of the classes – possibly a bar graph with columns for the classes plus one for total cognitive load (possibly live plus accumulated).
f. Keep a database of the profiles/individuals for future use by the user.
g. Allow parameters to be input that could alter the maximum cognitive load available (not feeling too good, distracted by other factors, tired from other work). These constraining factors could be requested prior to the session, and/or at the end to gather stats. This would be stored against the user’s profile.
h. Provide statistics/graphs at the end of the session that gave a view of the user’s overall performance.

And, if it is possible, do you know any institutions or individuals that would be interested in helping developing this new application?

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Terry Wilcox
http://www.theoryofhumanexcellence.org

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Advice please

Post by lbonnet »

reply here.

Please no multiple post !

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !