OpenViBE forum

The OpenViBE community
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 am 

Hi,

I downloaded yesterday the new release sources. I removed my previous version (0.7.0), and launched the necessary scripts. linux-install-dependencies ended correctly, but when i started the linux-build script, i got the following problem :

Code:
[...]
Configuring and building openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc ...
[...]
--   Found Ogre3D/OIS...
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /usr/lib/libOIS.so
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /usr/lib/libOgreMain.so
[...]
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/local-tmp/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc
CMake has been called successfully !
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/visualisation/ovkCVisualisationManager.o
[  3%] [  5%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/player/ovkMaterialAction.o
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenViBE-kernel-dynamic.dir/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/player/ovkCOgreResourceGroup.o
[b]In file included from /home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/player/ovkMaterialAction.h:4,
                 from /home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/player/ovkMaterialAction.cpp:1:
/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/openvibe-kernel-omk/trunc/src/openvibe-kernel/kernel/player/ovkCMaterial.h:24:18: error: Ogre.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type[/b]
[...]

And then of course a whole series of errors coming from that one,

I checked in the directory .../trunk/scripts/software/include/OGRE, and Ogre.h is actually present there, Any clue why this is happening? Oh, and I don't know if it's relevant, but i'm working on Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64.

Thanks for your help !

lmazon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:10 am 
Site Admin

Dear lmazon,

does you linux-dependencies script points to the right location ? could you please cat this file to us ?

based on what you said :
Code:
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /usr/lib/libOIS.so
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /usr/lib/libOgreMain.so

I think that you also installed the native Ogre package...

Thanks,
Yann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:25 am 

I did have installed the native ogre and OIS packages, so i removed them and relaunched ./linux-install-dependencies and now here is what contains my linux-dependencies (same result with or without libOIS and libOgre installed) :
Code:
#!/bin/bash

export OpenViBE_dependencies=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib64:/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib:/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib/opt:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/bin:$PATH

export OGRE_HOME=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software
export VRPN_ROOT=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software
export OMK_BIN=/home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software
export OMK_HOME=$OMK_BIN

The result of my ./linux-build after having them uninstalled has slightly changed though, it now prompts :
Code:
--   Found Ogre3D/OIS...
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib/libOIS.so
--     [  OK  ] Third party lib /home/kluck/Cours/4.1/BCI/trunk/scripts/software/lib/libOgreMain.so

Yet, the error remains the same.
Any other idea?

Thanks,
lmazon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Dear lmazon,

yes indeed, you should remove the local-tmp folder which probably contains cached values. Just run linux-clean in order to do this.

If this still fails, could you open a terminal, go in openvibe/scripts, and run the following :
Code:
bash
source linux-init_en_command
pkg-config --libs OGRE
pkg-config --libs OIS
pkg-config --cflags OGRE
pkg-config --cflags OIS

and send me the output.

Hope this helps,
Yann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:44 pm 

Thanks a lot, i did launch the script linux-clean, then linux-build, and it worked this time !

So for those who don't want to read the whole topic, here is a summary of my problem :
  • Ogre.h wasn't found or at least, not in the good directory, as it found the prior version i had installed with the standard packages.
  • I uninstalled those packages (libOgreMain and libOIS),
  • relaunched linux-install-dependencies (just to be sure everything was still right :P ),
  • launched linux-clean to remove every modification done with the aborted linux-build,
  • relaunched linux-build,
And tada ! It worked like a charm !

Thanks a lot for your help Yann, i didn't even think of cleaning my errors before relaunching... i'll keep you posted if i get any other mistakes ! :mrgreen:

lmazon