gtk/gtk.h cannot be opened, no such file or directory

monida

gtk/gtk.h cannot be opened, no such file or directory

Post by monida »

Dear sir or madam,

I am trying to build OpenVibe from source using WinXP professional SP2 32 bit with Visual Studio 2008. When I did the build, I have got an error saying that it could not located the gtk/gtk.h from ovkCVisualisationTree.h... I have gtk installed packaged together with glade3.

I have done the search and could not find the file gtk.h either... Under the gtk folder coming with Glade3, I can only see one .h file under the name of gdkconfig.h. I have modified the code to point to the file but that does not seems working. Still I got the same error.

Please help!
Thanks,
Monida

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: gtk/gtk.h cannot be opened, no such file or directory

Post by yrenard »

Dear monida,

please install OpenViBE dependencies using dedicated application win32-install_dependencies.exe

Best regards
Yann

monida

Post by monida »

Dear Yann,

I did try to install win32-install_dependencies.exe but I have got error of invalid sources... So I need to install each component manually. What else I could do, please help!

Thanks,
Monida

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear monida,

the provided installer does more than just installing the dependencies. It also configures paths for later build !
Please give us the appropriate error message you encounter.

Best regards,
Yann

monida

Post by monida »

Dear Yann,

The exact error I got when trying to install win32-install_dependencies.exe is "Download failed: HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required".

Please let me know what I should do?

Thanks,
Monida

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear monida,

looks like you're behind a proxy to access the Internet and that the NSIS installer fails to use this proxy...

If you can't connect your computer to the Internet from another location, you will probably have to download the dependencies manually using your web browser.

Please download the file archive from http://www.irisa.fr/bunraku/OpenViBE/de ... 32-x86.zip and move it to arch\openvibe-dependency-cmake-2.6.2.zip in the dependencies folder. The NSIS installer should then skip the download and uncompress the archive.

If that works, you'll have to do the same for the other dependencies...

Tell me if it works, I'll give you all the other URLs then.

Best regards,
Yann

edit - I'm starting with CMake because this is the first dependency installed by the NSIS installer.

monida

Post by monida »

Hello Yann,

Thank you very much for following this up.

I have tried your instruction. After download the file archive from http://www.irisa.fr/bunraku/OpenViBE/de ... 32-x86.zip and move it to arch\openvibe-dependency-cmake-2.6.2.zip in the dependencies folder. I tried to run build again by double click the win32-build.cmd. However, I got error "Cmake Error: Could not create named generator NMake Makefiles. An error occurred during building process"

So, I am guessing that it does not working... Or I may have done something wrong? Please advise.

Many Thanks,
Monida

monida

Post by monida »

Hello Yann,

Thank you very much, because you let me know that I was behind a proxy access. I have resolved the problem now and have got everything built very nicely. :-)

I have also run the win32-generate-vc-proj.cmd and have got the project to be open from visual studio 2008. Now my next step is to get myself familiar with it and to get everything built and run from the visual studio 2008.

Run the win32-install_dependencies.exe from winVista for the visual C++ express. However, whenever it tries to install the gtk, it always comes up with error message of connection timeout. I am not sure why it is like that, could you please let me know what I should do?

Thanks,
Monida

monida

Post by monida »

Dear Yann,

May I please ask one more question please? I have tried to build from VS2008 and I have got this error 1 error:

Build log was saved at "file://c:\OpenVibe\trunk\local-tmp\visual\trunc\OpenViBE-plugins-stimulation-dynamic.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
OpenViBE-plugins-stimulation-dynamic - 1 error(s), 16 warning(s)

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib'

I have search for the whole project where 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib' is called, but I cannot find it. I have looked at folder C:\OpenVibe\trunk\dependencies\boost\lib, I only find 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-1_41.lib' not 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_41.lib'. Is there anything I have missed?

Thanks,
Monida

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Monida,

the additional -gd flag is about debug... so it looks like you are compiling OpenViBE in debug, right ? We did not include debug libraries... You can find them from http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/project ... es/1.41.0/...

Hope this helps,
Yann

monida

Post by monida »

Dear Yann,

Thank you very much for following this up for me... However, I did install the boost-jam but I still got error when I tried to debug from VS2008. Could you please give me some more details?

Thank you,
Monida

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear monida,

you should not need boost-jam in order to build openvibe. Just download libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_41 from the site I mentioned or alternatively avoid compiling in debug for now.

Best regards,
Yann

PS: just noticed the site I pointed out changed... I have put the mentioned file online and you can temporarily download it from http://openvibe.inria.fr/pub/bin/tmp