Python Scripting Box doesn't show up

FFriesenborg

Python Scripting Box doesn't show up

Post by FFriesenborg »

Hi,
I recently installed OpenViBE 3.0.0 on an Ubuntu 18.04 system, with an already installed Python 3.7.4. I followed the instructions of http://openvibe.inria.fr/build-instructions/ , the installations went through and everything seemed fine, but the 'Python Scripting Box' is not showing up under 'Scripting' in the Designer. I tried to reinstall all dependencies, but that didn't help. And now I have no idea how to tackle the problem. Has anyone an idea what might went wrong?

Thibaut

Re: Python Scripting Box doesn't show up

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
THe version of python is not the good : http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-using ... -openvibe/
You must use Python 3.7.8 (x64 if you build in x64, x32 if you build in x32)
Thibaut

FFriesenborg

Post by FFriesenborg »

Hi,
here my solution for other who may have the same problem in the future. In hindsight it was very easy to solve, i just did not think about that as a possible source for the problem.

First, thank you @Thibaut for you fast reply. I changed the Python version to the recommended 3.7.8, but it still didn't work. I found a warning that one of the .so files couldn't be loaded as a module. And this again was because the follwing Error:

Code: Select all

Import Error: libpython3.7m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
which is very wierd because installed this python version like any other python version before. Anyway, the solution was to install the missing libraray inside the virtual environment used for the building process:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libpyhon3.7
Maybe this helps someone else.

FFrieseborg

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Thanks for your Share.

mhadji05

Post by mhadji05 »

Can I use Python scripting box with different version of Python?
Is my one and only option the Python 3.7.8 on Windows 10? Or can I use any other different version?

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
At the moment we are limit to only one version for compiled version.
Thibaut
Ps : if you compile your own version, it takes the version of python you have installed

mark1234s

Post by mark1234s »

Hi,
I try to install the last version OpenViBE 3.3.1 on an Ubuntu 22.04 with no success. Next I try with QEMU/KVM virtual machine with Ubuntu 20.04 and the installation succeed, the HW connects and I can see some data. In the scripting section the Python scripting box doesn't show up. The system (VM) Python version is 3.8.10 so I install pyenv and python 3.7.8 which I made local for the OpenVibe folder, and later for the Home directory, but still without Pybox. Calling for help with the Pybox or any information how to use OpenEEG driver directly in Python.