Error using Python Boxes

d_Trocellier

Error using Python Boxes

Post by d_Trocellier »

Hello,

I am knew using OpenVibe and first thank you for this wonderful tool.

I have an error lunching python boxes. Even with the simplest scenario Python3-hello-world.xml.

My error is the folllowing :

[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Failed to create runtime box [Python 3 scripting] with class identifier [(0x00006593, 0x00001e93)]}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::BadResourceCreation (code 31)}, {Error location} : {C:\Users\tprampar\Documents\openvibe\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCScheduler.cpp::399}
[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Failed to initialize player}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::Internal (code 2)}, {Error location} : {C:\Users\tprampar\Documents\openvibe\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCPlayer.cpp::159}
[ ERROR ] The player could not be initialized.
[ ERROR ] The initialization of player failed. Check the above log messages to get the issue.

Thanks to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10175&p=16544&hilit=tprampar#p16544, I know that it's not a directory error due to tprampar. But I didn't find someone with a similar issue in the forum.

Thanks David.

d_Trocellier

Re: Error using Python Boxes

Post by d_Trocellier »

Hello,

I found where was my error. I didn't have the good version of python in my computer. The good one is 3.7.8

Maybe @thomas could specify the version in his post : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10160

Have a nice day
David

Thomas

Re: Error using Python Boxes

Post by Thomas »

Hi David,

Sorry you found out the hard way, and thanks for pointing it out.

For people landing on this post laster, here is the website documentation with links to the compatible versions: http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-using ... -openvibe/

I have also updated the release post with the accurate version number.

Thanks,
Thomas