Building on Ubuntu

blewandowski

Building on Ubuntu

Post by blewandowski »

Hi,

I wanted to try out the application, and to do so I've downloaded the latest version from the website. I've successfully run the

./install_dependencies.sh script, and proceeded to the build step.

It is failing on linking of the libraries with the following error

Code: Select all

[ 98%] Linking CXX shared library libopenvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.so
/usr/bin/ld: /home/blewandowski/.pyenv/versions/3.7.7/lib/libpython3.7m.a(ceval.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `_PyRuntime' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
contrib/plugins/processing/python3/CMakeFiles/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.dir/build.make:122: recipe for target 'contrib/plugins/processing/python3/libopenvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.so.3.0.0' failed
make[2]: *** [contrib/plugins/processing/python3/libopenvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.so.3.0.0] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2927: recipe for target 'contrib/plugins/processing/python3/CMakeFiles/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [contrib/plugins/processing/python3/CMakeFiles/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.dir/all] Error 2
Is this a known issue? Any tips appreciated.
Kind regards,
Bartlomiej

Thomas

Re: Building on Ubuntu

Post by Thomas »

Hi Bartlomiej,

I think the problem comes from your python installation which is missing shared library.

What Linux distribution are you using ?
Did you compile your python installation from source, or installed it with package manager ?

If you compiled it yourself, at configure step, did you enable shared library as follow: "./configure --enable-shared" ?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Thomas

blewandowski

Re: Building on Ubuntu

Post by blewandowski »

Thank you for your quick reply, I didn't get any notifications, and missed your message.

Indeed my python installation was the issue - I've had pyenv installed, which probably doesn't include shared libraries. I've removed pyenv and installed via apt-get python3 which worked well.

Many thanks!