install_dependencies.sh fails

number-g

install_dependencies.sh fails

Post by number-g »

Hi,

I am trying to build openvibe-3.3.0 on Manjaro and when I run ./install_dependencies.sh from the source folder I run into this problem:

https://pastebin.com/47aWNttb

It seems to be failing to build boost, and I don't know how how to remedy it.

I guess

Code: Select all

./boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:60:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
is the relevant part?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Re: install_dependencies.sh fails

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

That looks like a known issue: https://github.com/boostorg/thread/pull/297

However, the version of boost OpenViBE is using still has it.
You can apply the patch manually in external_projects/arch/boost/src/boost/libs/thread/include/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp

Then run the install_dependencies.sh script again.

An alternative would be to install boost with pacman and remove its compilation from OpenViBE by commenting out include("boost") in external_projects/CMakeLists.txt.
Once commented, run the install_dependencies.sh script again, boost won't be built, but the build script later on should pickup the boost install from pacman.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Thomas

PS: What version of Manjaro are you using ?

number-g

Re: install_dependencies.sh fails

Post by number-g »

Hi Thomas,

It's Manjaro 21.2.6

I got the dependencies to install by commenting out the include("boost") line and using the package provided my pacman.

I also ran into some trouble with vrpn and had to compile that separately and comment out its line in CMakeLists.txt as there is no pacman package and the AUR one is broken.

For anyone else searching for this, the vrpn error was:

-- 
-- NOTE: The following build options may produce a GPL-licensed server library/binary.
--   VRPN_USE_GPM_MOUSE
-- NOTE: I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice!
-- 
-- Selected build options produce a GPL server library.
-- You may disable them, otherwise set VRPN_GPL_SERVER to acknowledge this and build anyway.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1526 (message):
  Need VRPN_GPL_SERVER to build server library with GPL options enabled!
So I edited build/CMakeCache.txt and changed

VRPN_USE_GPM_MOUSE:BOOL=ON
to

VRPN_USE_GPM_MOUSE:BOOL=OFF
After that I ran ./build.sh from the openvibe source directory and discovered a few other missing packages that caused errors, which I found and installed from the AUR:

liblsl (not 100% sure I need this but the sticky post about getting it to work on Fedora 27 mentioned it so ...)
itpp
lepton
I also ran pip install lsl as there is no python-lsl in the repositories; not sure if that is required though.

That got me a bit further but I am stuck here now:

https://pastebin.com/Q8TyVmBN

Cheers