Raspberry pi3 enhance compatibility

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
b0rn4

Raspberry pi3 enhance compatibility

Post by b0rn4 »

Hi,

I been working for a weeks trying to use openvibe with a pi3 for a project in polysomnography area.
After a lot of systematics tests, believe i'm in a dead point.

With a help of this awesome forum and people, had successful running openvibe 1.2.2 in ubuntu mate 16.04, lubuntu 16.04 and raspbian 9 (can see a little guide here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9890), all with armv7 support. In that version seems to exist a bug with .ov files reader and writer, is posible to write a .ov file but can't playback in any versión.
In my notebook run openvibe 2.0.1 and .ov write and read works perfectly. But can't find a way for running that version in my pi3 (solve a few errors but seems to always appers another and another).

My knowledge of programing is limited for develop a full solution.
I know is a lot of ask, but probably need help from somebody for create a patch for corrrect working of .ov boxes in v.1.2.2 or a solution for running version 2.0.1 in pi3, would be awesome.

Of course i'm all dispose for several test and full colaboration in any of your suggests.
Hope we can find a solution.

Cheers!

jtlindgren

Re: Raspberry pi3 enhance compatibility

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

there really shouldn't be any .ov file reading or writing bug in openvibe 1.2.2. That version was in production use for a long time. Can you reproduce the bug on a more 'normal' PC?

Best,
Jussi

b0rn4

Post by b0rn4 »

Hi Jussi,

Hopefully can explain my issue with a pictures.
I need .ov format because as your well explain is only option for a binary precise data write.
First i write 3min of EEG study in a .ov file, aparently succefully. (scenario used is in picture)

In 2.0.1 version as picture showed, .ov read box can be conected to display box and successfully visualice data stream. (for me only work playback .ov files writed in same version, if a try to load a .ov writed in 1.2.2 version the scenario runs but nothing is showed)

I install 1.2.2 version in my notebook and like in pi3 my only option for .ov read box is a EBML stream spy, can run that scenario but nothing is showed, in the log can't see data visualisation either.

My regards!
Attachments
scenarios examples for read .ov file
scenarios examples for read .ov file
ov comparation.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 9525 times
scenario used in pi3 to write .ov file
scenario used in pi3 to write .ov file
scenario.jpg (79.25 KiB) Viewed 9525 times

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, you're in luck - thats not a bug, thats a feature. :)

OpenViBE box inputs and outputs have to chosen and decided *before* a file is loaded. They cannot adjust to the content of the files.

To configure inputs and outputs of a box, you have to right click on the box. In the pull down menu you'll find options like adding and configuring inputs. You need to use these to change the input/output types to ones you need, e.g. signal, stimulations etc.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

b0rn4

Post by b0rn4 »

OMG!!!

Never throught for my mind "right click that box".. :shock:

I think that solve my problems!

Thanks Jussy!!