Signal Processing

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
tamulev2

Signal Processing

Post by tamulev2 »

Hi!

I have just started using OpenVibe and for my small project I have to build a box, which takes processed signal of Alpha wave range and issues the notification as the trough of the signal is found. The problem is that I don't have any idea how matrix, which is signal input in my box, looks like, how do I access particular data inside, how does that data look like? Is there an easy way to distinguish trough and issue notification? The way I imagine that is to obtain data in chucks which correspond to alpha wave frequency process the data and find trough which is probably some negative value in matrix. Moreover, once that is found I can use Stimulation listener to send notification to other software (Lab View). Does that sound reasonable?

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Wishes,
Laurynas

nfoy

Re: Signal Processing

Post by nfoy »

Hi,
You might want to have a look at and get inspiration from the scenario neurofeedback.xml located in dist/share/openvibe/scenarios/bci-examples/neurofeedback.
This scenario shows how the get the beta power from brain signals.
For communication with external applications, I suggest you to look at the TCP Writer box for instance.

tamulev2

Post by tamulev2 »

Hello,

Thank you so much for your advice, the TCP writer is going to be really useful. I am developing a new algorithm at the moment and rebuilding solution every time takes ages is there any other way I can test/observe the changes in my code? Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Best wishes,
Laurynas

tamulev2

Post by tamulev2 »

I figured out the build set up. Now I have been struggling with TCP writer, which seems to write data to specified port but it is encoded and I cannot obtain it as I am trying to perceive data using LabView which gives me ton of errors. I have not encountered protocol communication before so maybe you know any helpful simple examples how to extract the information written by TCP writer? Thanks .

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

The first step is to look at the documentation of the box in box documentation section of the openvibe web doc, and the associated example code bundled with openvibe source code, see in applications/examples/openvibe-to-tcpip/.

Cheers,
Jussi