OpenViBE log files

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
DarkPatate

OpenViBE log files

Post by DarkPatate »

Hi,
I'm coding my box, and, when I run it on OpenViBE the designer crashes. Unfortunatly, the log file in the folder /home/<user>/.config/openvibe/log isn't helpfull, it's just the designer terminal output. Is there another log file with more information ?

Thanks in advance !
Siméon.

gserrier

Re: OpenViBE log files

Post by gserrier »

Hi,

No there's no other file. But you can required an higher level of log. Please refer to the doc here http://openvibe.inria.fr/the-configuration-manager/, check in the section OpenViBE Kernel.

Be aware that the lower the level is and the higher the amount of log will be.

If you want use a debugger, you can compile the code with debug option in your IDE and run the program in debug mode. In linux, compile with the command (in scripts folder)

Code: Select all

./linux-build --debug
and launch the designer with in your installation directory

./openvibe-designer.sh --debug
That will launch it with gdb.

Guillaume

DarkPatate

Post by DarkPatate »

Thanks for your answer. According to the Designer's parameters, the log level is on Information, I think it's the lowest.

I used GDB, and when the program crashes, it says:

/home/simeon/Logiciels/openvibe-1.0.0/dist/bin/openvibe-designer: symbol lookup error: /home/simeon/Logiciels/openvibe-1.0.0/dist/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenvibe-plugins-contrib-signal-processing.so: undefined symbol: wrapper_dgemm_
/* ... Thread exit ... */
[Inferior 1 (process 22338) exited with code 0177]
After googled the message, I know now that the problem come from Armadillo library setting. I'll try to fix the problem :-)

gserrier

Post by gserrier »

Hi,

The level of log that will blow your console is Debug :wink: .

Guillaume

DarkPatate

Post by DarkPatate »

Oh I didn't know, thanks. I changed the file openvibe-1.0.0/kernel/share/openvibe.conf however, when I open the Edit>Preference menu, the Kernel_MainLogLevel is still on Information. How I can apply the changement?

But I think it's a problem with the Armadillo library, to compile it alone, I have to use this command:

g++ prog.cpp -o prog -O2 -larmadillo -llapack -lblas
I think I should add this parameters when I compile OpenViBE.

But, bizzarely, I can create matrices without problems. The soft crashes only when I do some operations (product eg.). Maybe the problem come from only LAPACK and BLAS libraries...

gserrier

Post by gserrier »

About the compilation, try to check in the folder cmake-modules with a file FindThirdParty*.cmake to see how to add a dependencies. Then modify the cmake of the plugin where your box is, to add the INCLUDE corresponding.

Which line did you modify in openvibe.conf?

Guillaume

DarkPatate

Post by DarkPatate »

Hi,
thanks, I'll try to do a Cmake file for Armadillo & co. even I never did Camake file :/

I modified the line 52 of the file.

Siméon.

DarkPatate

Post by DarkPatate »

What are the fundamental commands to add a library in the FindThirdParty*.cmake file ? Because I tried different things, without succes.

gserrier

Post by gserrier »

So basically you need to find the directory where the header are, and the path of the different libraries you want to include (.so or .dll). Depending on your system (linux or windows) you have different choices. If you are on linux and if you want to use link a package, you can use the directive FIND_PACKAGE with the name the package. If you have install it in a directory (linux or windows), you can file manually the path of each parts or use the directive FIND_PATH if you want to search in several directory (to ensure portability for example).

Then, you need to use the directive INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES for the include directory, and the TARGET_LINK_LIBRAIRIES to add the libraries.