OpenViBE forum

The OpenViBE community
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am
Posts: 5
Sir,
I am trying to read the EEG signals using openViBE acquisition server but in my pc serial port IO address range is below 1024 (below 3FF) so i could not able to read.
In the openViBE acquisition server i could not able to set the port address below 1024.So please help me to solve this problem.
Similarly i am interested to know if my EEG machine is having usb connectivity then how to read EEG signals using openvibe acquisition server.

Thanks and regards
Rajesh M.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:11 pm
Posts: 417
Hi Rajesh,
Quote:
I am trying to read the EEG signals using openViBE acquisition server but in my pc serial port IO address range is below 1024 (below 3FF) so i could not able to read.

Can you remind us the EEG device you are using please ?
The hostname/connection port values in the Acquisition server are used for the TCP/IP network connection between the Acquisition server and the Designer.
User-defined connection ports start at 1024, lower are reserved for defined protocols. It is not a serial port number.

Quote:
Similarly i am interested to know if my EEG machine is having usb connectivity then how to read EEG signals using openvibe acquisition server.

USB, Bluetooth, Serial port... in fact the connection type is not a problem. What's important is how you can communicate with your device, start the acquisition, retrieve samples, etc.
Your device should come with something... for example a SDK (the simplest case) or just the communication protocol (very low-level case).

Anyway, if your device is not yet compatible with OpenViBE, you would have to implement a new driver for the acquisition server.

Hope this helps

Laurent

_________________
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 am
Posts: 1
lbonnet wrote:
...
Anyway, if your device is not yet compatible with OpenViBE, you would have to implement a new driver for the acquisition server.

Hope this helps

Laurent



Link is broken,
I think the right one is
http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-creat ... on-server/

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.