Changing serial port setting acquisition server

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
rajeshkarivellur

Changing serial port setting acquisition server

Post by rajeshkarivellur »

Sir,
I am trying to read the EEG signals using openViBE acquisition server but in my pc serial port IO address range is below 1024 (below 3FF) so i could not able to read.
In the openViBE acquisition server i could not able to set the port address below 1024.So please help me to solve this problem.
Similarly i am interested to know if my EEG machine is having usb connectivity then how to read EEG signals using openvibe acquisition server.

Thanks and regards
Rajesh M.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Changing serial port setting acquisition server

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Rajesh,
I am trying to read the EEG signals using openViBE acquisition server but in my pc serial port IO address range is below 1024 (below 3FF) so i could not able to read.
Can you remind us the EEG device you are using please ?
The hostname/connection port values in the Acquisition server are used for the TCP/IP network connection between the Acquisition server and the Designer.
User-defined connection ports start at 1024, lower are reserved for defined protocols. It is not a serial port number.
Similarly i am interested to know if my EEG machine is having usb connectivity then how to read EEG signals using openvibe acquisition server.
USB, Bluetooth, Serial port... in fact the connection type is not a problem. What's important is how you can communicate with your device, start the acquisition, retrieve samples, etc.
Your device should come with something... for example a SDK (the simplest case) or just the communication protocol (very low-level case).

Anyway, if your device is not yet compatible with OpenViBE, you would have to implement a new driver for the acquisition server.

Hope this helps

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

fmazza

Re: Changing serial port setting acquisition server

Post by fmazza »

lbonnet wrote: ...
Anyway, if your device is not yet compatible with OpenViBE, you would have to implement a new driver for the acquisition server.

Hope this helps

Laurent

Link is broken,
I think the right one is
http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-creat ... on-server/

Cheers