How do communicate OpenViBE with other App

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
gibfen

How do communicate OpenViBE with other App

Post by gibfen »

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how can I use a generated data ('Signal Stream') in OpenViBE to "control" other application (eg: bloc note on Windows).

Let's say that the 'Signal Stream' generated in OpenViBE has a sample frequency of 128 Hz, but it only has several fixed values: -1, 0, 1.

So, the idea is when I have a '-1' in that 'Signal Stream' i want to write in bloc note a string like "bad". If I have a '1' i will write "good". If I have a '0' I won't write anything.

The purpose is not using the bloc note, but I think it is a convenient start to understand how to deal with these communication. Next step would be, using that data in a videogame that Emotiv provides for testing. Really, no clue how to do this...

I will appreciate your help :)

Best!

jlegeny

Re: How do communicate OpenViBE with other App

Post by jlegeny »

Hello gibfen,

OpenViBE can indeed communicate with external applications, as long as they support VRPN connection. You can look at this tutorial: http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/

other methods can be implemented as well by using the script boxes, such as the Lua box (for example you could use Lua sockets to communicate with your application).

Regards
Jozef