about p300 speller stimulator

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
rmatasan

about p300 speller stimulator

Post by rmatasan »

Hi everyone,

I am working now with the p300 speller stimulator to get stimulations for my box. But I have seen something that I don't understand. To use the speller in combination with my box, I need to change the configuration of the p300 speller and set the number of columns to 2 and the number of rows to 1. When I run the application using this configuration, the console displays the following message: "[WARNING] Box algorithm <P300 Speller Stimulator> has been deactivated because initialization phase returned bad status". Can anyone tell me why??

BEST REGARDS and thank you in advance.

rmatasan

Re: about p300 speller stimulator

Post by rmatasan »

I have to add that when you press the stop button, using this configuration, the application crashes.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear rmatasan,

before this message, you probably have the following message :

Code: Select all

This stimulator should have the same number of row(s) and columns(s) (got 2(0x2) and 1(0x1).
In fact, the current P300 Stimulator box currently does not support column count != line count. This is because it flashes one line then one column and so on. If you need different behavior, I suggest that you look at the Lua Stimulator box that will let you write your own stimulation generator for whatever P300 presentation you use.

I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Yann Renard

rmatasan

Post by rmatasan »

Thanks Renard,

I think that by now I can manage it by using 2 rows and 2 columns. But, by the way, I am not getting the warning message you said:

Code: Select all

"This stimulator should have the same number of row(s) and columns(s) (got 2(0x2) and 1(0x1)."

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear rmatasan,

you're right, those messages were deactivated... sorry for the inconvenience, they are back in the latest SVN repository.

Best regards,
Yann