logic box

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
emerson

logic box

Post by emerson »

Hi all,

I need to develop a box that checks its two entries (stimuli) and decide to output other stimuli. The context for this is the P300 Speller scenario where we have two outputs from the Voting classifiers (row and column) and I need to check what are the row and column values and decide to send a up, down, left, or right stimulus to a VRPN Button server.

Therefore, I was thinking of developing a general purpose Logic Box. The box would allow the user to input a logic expression the same way the Simple DSP box does, but based on the many inputs and outputs it can have. For example, using this general purpose Logic Box to decide among the stimuli to generate for my P300 Speller based scenario, one could use the following settings:

input1: OVTK_StimulationId_Label_04
input2: OVTK_StimulationId_Label_05
logic expression: input1 & input2
output: OVTK_GDF_Left
--
input2: OVTK_StimulationId_Label_06
output: OVTK_GDF_Right
---
input2: OVTK_StimulationId_Label_07
output: OVTK_GDF_Up
---
input2: OVTK_StimulationId_Label_08
output1: OVTK_GDF_Down

How could I build a box such as this one? What would be a good design for this box?

Sorry for the long message :)

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: logic box

Post by yrenard »

Dear emerson,

we had this idea for a long time already and never took the time to write such box. However, I just terminated the Lua box and sent it to the forge last week. It will most probably allow you to easily do what you want. If you built the software from svn sources, just svn update and reinstall your dependencies so to have Lua available. I still have some documentation to write about this box but it will be done and uploaded tonight. If you can't wait for it, you will find a rather explicit sample script in the share/openvibe-plugins/stimulation/sample-lua-script.lua file.

Do not consider the proposed Lua API as stable for now, it may change in the near future.
For this reason, the box is flagged unstable for now. To make it appear in the designer, just add the following line to your configuration file :

Code: Select all

Designer_ShowUnstable = true
Hope this helps,
Yann