insert new Box in Designer

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
matthieuG

insert new Box in Designer

Post by matthieuG »

Bonjour,

J'ai suivi les documentations développeurs pour la création d'une Box, et si cela ne pose pas de problème à la compilation, ma box n'apparaît pas dans le designer. Que faire?

Grâce à l'exemple "Nothing" dans Plugins\samples, j'ai remarqué la présence des Declare_OVP_new (et aussi rPluginModule Context) présent dans le fichier OVP_main.cpp. En réactivant le Declare_OVP_new du nothingDesc, cette Box est apparue dans le Designer. Seulement un autre essai avec une autre box, une nouvelle copie, n'a pas le même effet : la box n'est pas reconnue. Je précise aussi que j'ai activé les options pour voir toutes les box (deprecated, unstable, etc.)
Que dois-je faire? Où est la dépendance?

Hello,

I have followed documentation in order to create a new box, but that box doesn't appear in Designer (even if it compiles) What could I do?

Thanks to "Nothing" example in Plugins\samples, I have noticed Declare_OVP_new in file OVP_main.cpp. I have enabled this Declaration and the Box appeared. I tryed with another copy but this doesn't make the same effect. What should I do?

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: insert new Box in Designer

Post by yrenard »

hello matthieuG and welcome on this board.

In order that our discussion is valuable to everyone, please post in english.

According to your initial post, it seems you went throw the right steps to make your box appear in OpenViBE.
I will need some source code to understand what is the mistake. Could you please attach some of your sources. If you don't want to make them public, feel free to PM me ? (I'd need both .cpp/.h files of the box and your ovp_main.cpp)

Thank you,
Yann

Captain Crash

Post by Captain Crash »

Hello

I'm having the exact same problem as matthieuG. I've created my box, it compiles but it doesn't
show up in the designer.

bpayan

Post by bpayan »

Dear Captain Crash,

Thank you for your interest in OpenViBE and welcome on this board.

We can give you few clues to find your problem, but without source code, it's difficult to find the good solution. Like Yann said, can you give us some source code, thank you.

Few clues:

First, you must declare your new box in the file ovp_main.cpp.

Second, you must define class Id for your box. These id must be unique. For find an id not used, you can use the script dist/test-id-generator.cmd

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Baptiste

edit: The problem of Captain Crash was resolved. The reason of it was the parameter “Designer_ShowUnstable” equal to false.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Captain Crash,

in addition to what Baptiste said, I would request your log files :) It usually provides valuable information.

Yann

matthieuG

Post by matthieuG »

basically, when you make a copy, you can forget to change the name of the box. So you have 2 boxes with the same name, same category => this produce only one box in the designer.

If it is not this point, check if you have the same identifier of box or boxdesc...

hope it helps

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

matthieuG wrote:basically, when you make a copy, you can forget to change the name of the box. So you have 2 boxes with the same name, same category => this produce only one box in the designer.
It also produces an explicit and helpful warning in the console ;)

Yann