Skeleton Generator freezing with GTK error

Making & changing box plugins and external apps
nchild

Skeleton Generator freezing with GTK error

Post by nchild »

Hello,

I am trying to use the Skeleton Generator to make some signal processing boxes. When I click "Check," everything goes fine but once I click "Generate" then the skeleton generator freezes and I have to close the application. This GTK error is showing up in my Windows command prompt, which I assume is the issue:

Code: Select all

(openvibe-skeleton-generator.exe:7944): Gtk-CRITICAL **:gtk_toggle_button_get_active: assertion 'GTK_IS_TOGGLE_BUTTON (toggle_button)' failed
When I previously used the skeleton generator created from the OpenVibe 3.4.0 installer, it was able to generate the files without issue. But since I need to build the program from source to actually implement the box, I was able to build OpenVibe successfully (the acquisition server and designer both work, although it isn't finding Python now...) but now the skeleton generator is having this freezing issue. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Thank you,
-Nathan

Thomas

Re: Skeleton Generator freezing with GTK error

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

I just tried it and did not experience any issue.
It might be an issue with a specific parameter or setting in the box configuration.
Note that I also get the gtk-CRITICAL messages, so they don't seem to be the cause of the freeze.

Could you detail the inputs, outputs settings, etc that you tried to generate, in order to see if I can reproduce it ?

In the meantime, if you need to progress, you could use the installed version of the generator, which will generate the same skeleton.

Thanks,
Thomas

nchild

Post by nchild »

Thank you Thomas,

I actually tried it on another computer and it had the same freezing issue so I realized that it must be some parameter that I input. I was able to successfully generate a skeleton when I followed the tutorial page parameters. What I am trying to do is make a box that has a signal input and then epochs the data using one stimulation as a starting point and a second stimulation as the ending point, rather than having one stimulation start the epoch and last for some duration like time-based epoching. This would be used to capture the non-control/resting state more accurately during training of an asynchronous motor imagery BCI, or similar ideas where analysis of a resting state is needed. Here are the parameters that cause the freezing:
  • Category: "Signal processing/Epoching
  • Inputs: Signal, Stimulations
  • Outputs: Signal
  • Settings: 1. Stimulation, OVTK_StimulationId_Label_00 -- 2. Stimulation, OVTK_StimulationId_Label_01 -- Settings can be modified by user ENABLED
  • Codec Algorithms: Signal stream decoder, Stimulation stream decoder, Signal stream encoder
  • Processing method: Call the process callback whenever a new chunk is available
  • Box listener: Implement a Box Listener, On setting value changed ENABLED
I have not yet found what is causing the issue, but I will post an update if I do find it. Thank you,
-Nathan

--UPDATE: I actually just found the issue after posting this. The generator works perfectly if the Category is set to "Signal processing", but once I enter "Signal processing/Epoching", it freezes. If there is a way to fix this then that would be great, but ultimately it will be okay if my box doesn't go in the Epoching tab.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the debugging, I could reproduce the error.
I'll keep you updated on the fix.

Note that once the files are generated, you can easily modify the header file to update the category to signal processing/epoching if you want.

Let us know how your box development goes, we could potentially integrate it to the code base.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

I found the specific issue and it was, as expected, linked to the '/' character in the category.

I've pushed the fix on the development branch of the repository 'extras', you can pull it if you want.

Cheers,
Thomas