spaceship freetime.xml

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
s3674517

spaceship freetime.xml

Post by s3674517 »

hello everyone

I am a new student working on openvibe software. I have been working on spaceship freetime.xml with recorded pdf files by altering the values of crop epoch average time and temporal filters, I have been struggling to see the spaceship when I run it with the vr demo spaceship. can anyone give me some suggestions for the right approach to this scenario, please.

jtlindgren

Re: spaceship freetime.xml

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, unfortunately the spaceship is not well documented! The first thing to confirm is that the spaceship moves when you run the scenario as it is supplied in openvibe. First launch the spaceship application and once it is in the state rendering 'Ready?' (this is easier if you launch it in a window), and then press play on the scenario. Does the ship start to move after a while?

Next, the big question how to control it. What I can gather from the code is that it reacts to 7 different vrpn buttons.

Code: Select all

case 0: m_iPhase=Phase_Rest;              break;
				case 1: m_iPhase=Phase_Move;              break;
				case 2: m_iPhase=Phase_NoMove;            break;
				case 3: m_iStage=Stage_Baseline;          break;
				case 4: m_iStage=Stage_FreetimeReal;      break;
				case 5: m_iStage=Stage_FreetimeImaginary; break;
				case 6: m_iStage=Stage_Statistics;        break;
You can see from the original spaceship-freetime.xml 'Button VRPN Server' box how the stimulation markers in the gdf file are mapped to these commands, and you can use 'Stimulation Listener' after the gdf file to see what kind of sequence of stimulations it has.

The spaceship app also seems to react to a few keys: ESC to quit, END to toggle viewing of the current reactivity threshold to the analog input, and UP and DOWN to change the threshold.

Now for some truly amazing magic. Based on decrypting the above, we figure out that likely we want to get the app to the state 'Stage_FreetimeReal', so we need to press VRPN button 5 (case 4). With the spaceship in the 'Ready?' state, open the 'openvibe vrpn simulator' application. Press the fifth star from the left. The should will turn around. Now, you can move the first slider from the left to lift the ship. The VRPN Simulator can be used to test the ship once you have some clue what the buttons correspond to.

I wish the original author of the spaceship had documented it. At the moment I'm afraid the best documentation of its state machine is the code.

Edit: I have updated the tutorial http://openvibe.inria.fr/tie-fighter-demonstrator/ with the info I discovered while answering the question. :)

Hope this helps,
Jussi

s3674517

Post by s3674517 »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am actually running spaceship-freetime.xml using recorded databases as a gdf file. I can see the file running and getting a positive spike of beta band power. Unfortunately, when i am running the OpenVibe designer I can only see ready on the screen and nothing else has been showing. I wanted to get the image of the spaceship on the screen. I have also done repeated trials of changing Crop and simple DSP values. Are we supposed to upload any files in the configuration file of respected boxes? Can you please tell what all changes need to be done in the box documentation. so that I can get spaceship on the openVIBE designer.

Thanks.

s3674517

Post by s3674517 »

jtlindgren wrote:Hi, unfortunately the spaceship is not well documented! The first thing to confirm is that the spaceship moves when you run the scenario as it is supplied in openvibe. First launch the spaceship application and once it is in the state rendering 'Ready?' (this is easier if you launch it in a window), and then press play on the scenario. Does the ship start to move after a while?

Next, the big question how to control it. What I can gather from the code is that it reacts to 7 different vrpn buttons.

Code: Select all

case 0: m_iPhase=Phase_Rest;              break;
				case 1: m_iPhase=Phase_Move;              break;
				case 2: m_iPhase=Phase_NoMove;            break;
				case 3: m_iStage=Stage_Baseline;          break;
				case 4: m_iStage=Stage_FreetimeReal;      break;
				case 5: m_iStage=Stage_FreetimeImaginary; break;
				case 6: m_iStage=Stage_Statistics;        break;
You can see from the original spaceship-freetime.xml 'Button VRPN Server' box how the stimulation markers in the gdf file are mapped to these commands, and you can use 'Stimulation Listener' after the gdf file to see what kind of sequence of stimulations it has.

The spaceship app also seems to react to a few keys: ESC to quit, END to toggle viewing of the current reactivity threshold to the analog input, and UP and DOWN to change the threshold.

Now for some truly amazing magic. Based on decrypting the above, we figure out that likely we want to get the app to the state 'Stage_FreetimeReal', so we need to press VRPN button 5 (case 4). With the spaceship in the 'Ready?' state, open the 'openvibe vrpn simulator' application. Press the fifth star from the left. The should will turn around. Now, you can move the first slider from the left to lift the ship. The VRPN Simulator can be used to test the ship once you have some clue what the buttons correspond to.

I wish the original author of the spaceship had documented it. At the moment I'm afraid the best documentation of its state machine is the code.

Edit: I have updated the tutorial http://openvibe.inria.fr/tie-fighter-demonstrator/ with the info I discovered while answering the question. :)

Hope this helps,
Jussi

s3674517

Post by s3674517 »

hi,

For this scenario, I am uploading the recorded files in the GDF file reader and then running the scenario. After running the scenario I am launching the lift the spaceship application. here I would like to bring a few things into notice.
1. After launching the application all I can see on the screen is "ready" with a black screen. I would like to know how to set the launch application so as to get the image of the spaceship and the background on the screen?
2. How am I supposed to upload the recorded files? is there any other way that I need to follow or attach to run the recorded files in the scenario successfully?
3. I tried changing the code in the VRPN buttons to see any change in the documentation and running of the scenario but there is something I am missing in uploading the changes in the scenario.
I kindly request you to help me with these queries so that it would be a great help for my project.

Kind regards,
Goutham