ms-2-training-acquisition | SSVEP mind shooter

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
urosh.belgrade

ms-2-training-acquisition | SSVEP mind shooter

Post by urosh.belgrade »

The problem occurs with ms-2-training-acquisition in Mind Shooter aplication.

It just pop-out a window for like half second and then disappears. And then displays message in cmd ,,No response from server'' (when I run only SSVEP-demo, this message is lost after pressing space in training target window, but here i do not get that window). The only explanation that I could found is that I am missing configuration files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\openvibe\share\openvibe\applications\ssvep-mind-shooter,
there is only res folder,

and the reason I think this is the case, is because there are configuration files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\openvibe\share\openvibe\applications\ssvep-demo,

named openvibe-ssvep-demo, shooter, trainer and res folder. When I start only SSVEP, it works, but when I delete his conf. files it does not work and I get the same problem as for mind shooter. And in Run command it has ${External_Application_Launcher} openvibe-ssvep-demo --run-bg trainer, and mind shooter has ${External_Application_Launcher} openvibe-ssvep-mind-shooter --run-bg impact-trainer ${Player_ScenarioDirectory}. But when i try to find impact-trainer it does not exist as configuration file. Should I create that file?

Any idea what to do?

jtlindgren

Re: ms-2-training-acquisition | SSVEP mind shooter

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Uros, thank you for sending the follow-up on the forum, so other people potentially benefit from the answers.

First, to explain a little. SSVEP Demo and SSVEP Mind Shooter are independent applications that have separate source code and different operating logic.

- In SSVEP Demo, the shooter/trainer command line parameter leads to the loading of respective .conf file.
- In SSVEP Mind Shooter, the impact-trainer/impact-shooter parameter directly controls the code branching in the app. There is no specific .conf file.

The 'no response from server' is due to the VRPN protocol not able to connect to the other endpoint. If the visualizing application (shooter) has not properly started, then you get this message on the Designer side.

If I understand correctly, the problem you are having is due to the shooter application not starting properly. This could be due to a variety of reasons which are hard to guess at.

Can you investigate the log file C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\openvibe-2.0\log\openvibe-ssvep-stimulator.log and in the scenario folder, you should have a folder signals/userdata-* under which you should have several log files, at least three per recording session.

Are there any interesting warnings, errors or issues in these log files (you can attach them)?

Cheers,
Jussi

urosh.belgrade

Re: ms-2-training-acquisition | SSVEP mind shooter

Post by urosh.belgrade »

Hi, Jussi

Тhank you very much.

The problem was, that my openvibe did not create those files that you mentioned here. So yesterday, I installed it on other computer, compared what happened and solved. Apparently the problem was with System partition C, and I do not know why. But, I changed the partition and changed the line External_Application_LauncherWindows in openvibe.conf located in E:/openvibe-2.0/share/openvibe/kernel/

to this
External_Application_LauncherWindows = "${Path_Bin}/openvibe-external-application-launcher.cmd"

and it runs smoothly.

Best regards,
Uroš