Problems using TCP writer to send data from OpenViBE

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
lionkinglc

Problems using TCP writer to send data from OpenViBE

Post by lionkinglc »

Hi everyone. Recently I have been trying to send data from OpenViBE to Python by adding a TCP writer in the program. The data I want to send is the classification results in motor imagery with csp, receiving online EEG data from EMOTIV EPOC. When I try to connect the python server with the TCP writer using the same ‘port’, some errors are listed. And no data are sent or obtained. I am using OpenViBE 2.0 on win7.

[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Box algorithm <TCP Writer> initialization failed}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::Internal (code 2)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCSimulatedBox.cpp::105}
[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Failed to initialize player}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::Internal (code 2)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCPlayer.cpp::212}
[ ERROR ] The player could not be initialized.

For the time being, I am using the same computer to run OpenViBE and python server, so I don’t have to set the ‘IP’ and just set the ‘port’. However, if I want to run OpenViBE and python server in two computers, how can I set the ‘IP’ in the TCP writer?

Thank you very much for your kind help in advance.
微信图片_20171225093621.jpg
微信图片_20171225093621.jpg (205.13 KiB) Viewed 8966 times
微信图片_20171225093855.jpg
微信图片_20171225093855.jpg (122.24 KiB) Viewed 8965 times

jtlindgren

Re: Problems using TCP writer to send data from OpenViBE

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

the TCP Writer is designed to be a server that clients connect to. Here's the documentation.

http://openvibe.inria.fr//documentation ... riter.html

Basically you cannot have the python script as a server for the two to work together. Instead it should be a client.

There is no IP address in the TCP Writer config due to its server nature. The IP is that of the host computer. Machines on different computers can connect to the writer using the host computers ip address if the routing and firewalls permit.

Best,
Jussi

lionkinglc

Post by lionkinglc »

Thank you very much for your help. We finally connected OpenViBE to Python and got the data we need.

Have a nice holiday. :D

Best,
Chandler

skan

Post by skan »

Sorry for the necro-bump, but how did you solve the issue? Care to elaborate?

I'm trying to send data via TCP Writer from one PC to another, but even with NAT configuration I don't receive anything on the second PC...
My case is a bit different since I have LSL acquisition server + running scenario on computer 1 and an UE4 executable with BCI-plugin on computer B.

EDIT: Solved! In the end, there was a problem (now fixed) with the BCI-plugin I'm using. Works like a charm now.