xDawn P300 Speller with Cognionics Headset ERP plot

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
DefinitelyNotPatrick

xDawn P300 Speller with Cognionics Headset ERP plot

Post by DefinitelyNotPatrick »

Hi all,

I have several recordings of P300 speller data from a Cognionics Quick 20 headset that I am using to train xDawn. I need to display the ERP to know how clean my signal is, too. https://imgur.com/teFJDND is what happens when I run the ERP plot box. The Signal Display to the left is averaged epochs. from P300

I have also been trying to get .eeg, .vhdr, and .vmrk in EEGLAB, if anyone has experience. I want to take the stimulation files from OpenViBE and overlay them with data straight from OpenViBE or the Cognionics headset to detect ERP. The stimulation files are typically .gdf or .csv. I have been getting error messages loading these file types into EEGLAB.

Thank you.

tgaugry

Re: xDawn P300 Speller with Cognionics Headset ERP plot

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

OpenViBE can read some of these files; the readers are available under "File reading and writing" folder in OpenViBE Designer (like the brainAmp File Reader).
You can also use "OpenViBE Convert" command line utility.

Cheers,

DefinitelyNotPatrick

Re: xDawn P300 Speller with Cognionics Headset ERP plot

Post by DefinitelyNotPatrick »

Hi tgaurgy,

Based on your answer, I believe I misspoke in my original post. My main issue is displaying the ERP plots in OpenViBE. Here (https://imgur.com/a/f0CuM) is how I currently have the ERP plot box hooked up, but I have tried several other ways; all of which had similar results to my image from the original post. Can you (or anyone) help me understand what I am doing incorrectly, or if the ERP plot is truly a broken box.

Alternatively, I am using EEGLAB in an attempt to display ERP plots. I take .csv or .gdf files that are written from OpenViBE and load them into EEGLAB. From here, I am able to get several plots. However, I can also save a .eeg, .vhdr, and .vmrk file type directly from the Cognionics Data Acquisition software. According to the manufacturer, when these three filetypes are combined, I should be able to load them into EEGLAB and plot data; however, this has not been working. If anyone has experience with EEGLAB, any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.