the easiest way to add a graphic interface to a scenario?

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
kiyarash

the easiest way to add a graphic interface to a scenario?

Post by kiyarash »

so I'm currently working with the Bci-motor-imagery example provided with openvibe .

I want to add a simple game to it . for example the user should move a box by thinking about right or left and earn points.

so what is the easiest way to design a simple game like that? currently, I'm thinking about doing it with the Matlab scripting box and designing the game with Matlab plot . is this the easiest way or am I doing it wrong?

besides as I have seen previously in the examples provided with openvibe (like spaceship) they have provided the graphics as a separate .exe file; so is this what I should do as well or is it possible to put the graphics in the designer pipeline?

tgaugry

Re: the easiest way to add a graphic interface to a scenario

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,
You cannot draw things directly on the designer. You'll have to design a complete box for that or use a trick to use one of the visualisation box to show what you want (not advised).

As for the easiest solution, it actually depends on what you want your game to look like.
If you just need a simple graphical ouput, you can indeed do it with the matlab box.

If you need your graphical output to be prettier than a simple graph, then you need to send data through the network (with malab/python/OSC/VRPN box) to a third party application.

Cheers,

kiyarash

Post by kiyarash »

thanks for your reply.

indeed the matlab box worked just fine to make a simple game. and I would highly recommend reading it's tutorial in http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-using ... -openvibe/ and the problems I faced in viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9789 .

svarma

Post by svarma »

Hi Kiyarash,

Would you be willing to share your matlab code for the simple game? I am new to openvibe and I am trying to implement something similar for a neurofeedback experiment, but am having a hard time representing changes in neural activity as changes in the box location in the game. Your working matlab box might help give me a starting point.

So far I have a matlab function which compares the average power in a given frequency band at each iteration (meant to represent time windows in real time analysis) to the average calculated at a baseline trial for a given subject. If the values are different, the RGB values of a 2D square change accordingly. This works fine on its own with some sample data, but I am having trouble incorporating this code into OpenVibe.

I understand if you are uncomfortable sharing.

I would appreciate any help you could offer

Thank you,

Sonia